If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesat TVs

Options
  • 11-10-2017 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi Guys, 

What TVs do you currently have with built in freesat and soarview tuners. Looking at 40/42/43 inch size range.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ace18 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, 

What TVs do you currently have with built in freesat and soarview tuners. Looking at 40/42/43 inch size range.

Thanks
    Hi Ace18,

Thanks for the post - unfortunately the range of smaller screen TV with Free to air sat tuners is becoming more limited but the best deal around at the moment is the LG 43UH630v which is 4K Ultra HD HDR and its just £399 / €469 including our 6 year warranty - a cracker of a deal!:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202909-lg-lg-43uj630v.aspx

Next up is the Samsung UE40MU6400 which has Saorview AND Freesat HD tuners built in ( Freesat HD has a far better EPG than standard Free to air Satellite tuners) :
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202568-ue40mu6400.aspx

Many thanks again and please don't hesitate to drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elizabeth_d

Can I ask I completely idiotic question?!

I assume from this that you cannot get Saorview on the LG 43UH630V without a Saorview/combi box?

Thank you!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I assume from this that you cannot get Saorview on the LG 43UH630V without a Saorview/combi box?

Thank you!
    Hi Elizabeth_d,

not a silly Q at all TBH!

the answer is yes, the LG 43UJ630 has a T2 tuner built in so it will receive Saorview no problem ( It also has a free to air satellite tuner built in )

..so, if you have an Aerial that can receive Saorview AND a satellite dish you really are on the pigs back - but of course you can use it just with an aerial or a dish and receive a more limited channel lineup.

Keep the questions coming - if we can help in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elizabeth_d

Thank you!
    Hi Elizabeth_d,

the answer is yes, the LG 43UJ630 has a T2 tuner built in so it will receive Saorview no problem ( It also has a free to air satellite tuner built in )

..so, if you have an Aerial that can receive Saorview AND a satellite dish you really are on the pigs back - but of course you can use it just with an aerial or a dish and receive a more limited channel lineup.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thank you John Mc. All makes sense to me!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thank you!
    Hi Elizabeth_d,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thank you John Mc. All makes sense to me!
    No problem, if you've any other questions don't hesitate to drop us a post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭funnyname

Sorry to piggyback on this but do you have any TVs with twin saorview tuners and also twin satellite tuners with ability to record to an external HDD?

I currently have a Panasonic TX-L42E30B and it has a saorview tuner but locks on the channel that is recording.

I was hoping the soon to be released saorview connect box would be a helpful purchase but it doesn't seem to be getting much love from the initial spec release.

So I was thinking a TV upgrade might be in order.

funnyname wrote: »
    Sorry to piggyback on this but do you have any TVs with twin saorview tuners and also twin satellite tuners with ability to record to an external HDD?

I currently have a Panasonic TX-L42E30B and it has a saorview tuner but locks on the channel that is recording.

I was hoping the soon to be released saorview connect box would be a helpful purchase but it doesn't seem to be getting much love from the initial spec release.

So I was thinking a TV upgrade might be in order.

Hi Funnyname.

To be honest, off the top of my head I don't think there are any with a twin satellite tuner.

One of the NEW Panasonics comes to mind which has twin FreeviewHD / Saorview tuners and one satellite tuner. Also allows recording to an external HDD.

The Panasonic 58EX750 priced at £1349.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202572-viera-tx58ex750b.aspx

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭funnyname

Thanks but bit pricey for her indoors, I suppose a twin tuner TV is probably good enough for me as I have a freesat box but if all was integrated in one TV then that reduces the messing with remotes. To me a TV with twin soarview twin freesat with an Android os would be Nirvana.

Hi Funnyname.

To be honest, off the top of my head I don't think there are any with a twin satellite tuner.

One of the NEW Panasonics comes to mind which has twin FreeviewHD / Saorview tuners and one satellite tuner. Also allows recording to an external HDD.

funnyname wrote: »
    Thanks but bit pricey for her indoors, I suppose a twin tuner TV is probably good enough for me as I have a freesat box but if all was integrated in one TV then that reduces the messing with remotes. To me a TV with twin soarview twin freesat with an Android os would be Nirvana.

Hi Funnyname.

Hey Funnyname.

It looks like the 55XE9005 Sony has twin sat tuners and Freeview HD and is also Android.
    Its priced at £1349.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202475-bravia-kd55xe9005.aspx

I'll check the 49" version to see if it does also as there is no mention of twin sat tuners.
    Priced at £1199.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202503-sony-bravia-kd49xe9005.aspx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.