Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Slow Broadband at €55 Euro a month

Options
  • 11-10-2017 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi Eir Team,

I recently moved to the Wicklow area, and Got broadband installed. The package I am receiving is Unlimited Broadband at €55 Euro a month. I don't even have it for a month and its incredible slow, I tested the speed last night and it is coming in at 300kbps, this means I cant have more than two devices running on it. I cant watch Netflix or youtube. I rang the customer care team and the girl told me to reset the modem and That I should  be receiving a Maximum of 2mbps. anyway I am just wondering how a speed of 2mbps will cost €55 per month? and also do I have to continue with this contract if I cant use it for what I want? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Wow. This is ridiculous eir. €55 for 2Mbps?! Is eir still stuck in the 1990's with their service offerings?

eir should refund every cent Fox Hound has paid.

Get out now while you still can, Fox Hound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Fox Hound wrote: »
    Hi Eir Team,

I recently moved to the Wicklow area, and Got broadband installed. The package I am receiving is Unlimited Broadband at €55 Euro a month. I don't even have it for a month and its incredible slow, I tested the speed last night and it is coming in at 300kbps, this means I cant have more than two devices running on it. I cant watch Netflix or youtube. I rang the customer care team and the girl told me to reset the modem and That I should  be receiving a Maximum of 2mbps. anyway I am just wondering how a speed of 2mbps will cost €55 per month? and also do I have to continue with this contract if I cant use it for what I want? 
    Hi Fox Hound,

Sorry to hear you're not happy with your broadband speeds. I'm afraid, as we don't guarantee broadband speeds to any customer, that you would be required to p[ay the agreed bundle price for the duration of your contract. If you're out of your cooling off period and are looking to cancel your services you would be charged early cancellation charges. Sorry I can't give you better news here.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

OP what speed was quoted too you originally?

As with any BB contract, both parties must be aware of the speed and price so I presume you knew what you were getting into??

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

thelad95 wrote: »
    OP what speed was quoted too you originally?

As with any BB contract, both parties must be aware of the speed and price so I presume you knew what you were getting into??
    7mbps

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Eir Team,

Hi Fox Hound,

Sorry to hear you're not happy with your broadband speeds. I'm afraid, as we don't guarantee broadband speeds to any customer, that you would be required to p[ay the agreed bundle price for the duration of your contract. If you're out of your cooling off period and are looking to cancel your services you would be charged early cancellation charges. Sorry I can't give you better news here.

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting back to me, do you know what the cooling off period is? is it 14 days from the day it was installed? Because I cant even use the service, Its just not fast enough to load anything, 
    Thanks,
    Fox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

I had similar problem, they were charging me same money for 1.7Mb, it is like a car dealer selling Ferraris and Bicycles at same price, they don't care about their customers, I left them about two years ago, recently I ordered broadband through the net to see if the situation is getting  any better,  for 50 Euro a month, they were trying to sell me a landline that doesn't take broadband at all.
    If I was you I would contact Comreg and see how it goes, I don't know if you will get anything but an email will do no damage, it helps if you have a few emails from them to support your case
    I would call this [font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]misselling, as the service they provide doesn't serve the purpose[/font]
    First contact eir on their e mail dedicated for complaints [font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]ccm@eir.ie[/font]

I have Cancelled Now anyway,
    Thanks,
    Fox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Eir Team,

Hi Fox Hound,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting back to me, do you know what the cooling off period is? is it 14 days from the day it was installed? Because I cant even use the service, Its just not fast enough to load anything, 
    Thanks,
    Fox
    No problem. 

Your cooling off period begins when your service is installed. Sorry to hear you've cancelled this service. Feel free to get back in touch with any future queries.

- Adam

Advertisement