Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

your biggest character flaw?

• 11-10-2017 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

i will often happily admit when im wrong on something, but get pissy and defensive when others call me out on the same thing.

e.g ''sorry im late''

''no yer grand, there's still time''

''no theres no excuse, i shouldve been quicker''

ive apologised, and no harm done. but if they started telling me i was late, id be less apologetic.

Comments

Overthinking.

It causes untold anxiety and wastes a lot of time. I'm decisive enough when I'm dealing with things that only affect myself and my life, but I overthink things that affect other people to a ridiculous degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Procrasti...era f*ck it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I will hammer myself over the 1% of a job or problem in work that I couldn't figure out and not for a second praise myself for the excellent job of getting 99% of it right. Even when other people tell me how much I have helped and how useful I am, I am tormented by the 1% that got away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I'm quite antisocial.

il_570xN.1216822181_8ays.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I never seem to finish senten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

I'm great, I should get both parachutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Snotty wrote: »
    I'm great, I should get both parachutes

That's your biggest flaw. Not being able to recognize them :p:)

Mine is probably worrying too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

I think trolls should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm a massive procrastinator.
    I hate confrontation.
    I'm never really forceful enough to get a point across in conversations.
    I tend to let anger over trivial things simmer for months and or years instead of just dealing with it.
    Anti social and introvert to the extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I'm laz....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I'm a massive procrastinator.
    I hate confrontation.
    I'm never really forceful enough to get a point across in conversations.
    I tend to let anger over trivial things simmer for months and or years instead of just dealing with it.

This is same as me.....instead of letting anger simmer....I just drop/stop talking to people,to them.what seems out of the blue

Can't seem to change either or bring myself to back down and go back talking to them people either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

My modesty holds me back from greatness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

I'm a piss taker....people talk to me and I'm nodding away like the Churchill dog, I walk away and all I think is "what a gob ****e"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

If anything, I am TOO perfect

Too many to mention.

I don´t just over think I over feel. Every single thing. I am getting better thankfully.
    Laziness.
    Procrastination. If it can be done next week why do it today.
    A voice that is never far away telling me ¨you aren´t good enough¨
    At times precarious self-esteem
    Selfishness
    Jealousy
    Envy
    Gluttony

Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I'm very straight forward, and I mean VERY. I know plenty of people saying "Oh you know I'm a very honest person" but the truth is that a level of honesty is not received well in some cases.
    Luckily, I have some compassion and am somewhat diplomatic which makes it a tad better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I can be quite fiery, and if I'm in one of those moods then I can be very unpleasant to be around. But when I'm lovely- I'm very lovely. But my off days are becoming more and more frequent.
    I'm getting lazier by the day too which feeds into my conversion into an anti social hermit.
    I'm also quite shy when I first meet people. And awkward. I make all these things worse for myself by massively over thinking fairly innocuous situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

My shyness, anxiety & I care far too much about what other people think, which only wrecks my head & increases my shyness and anxiety. But thankfully I am beginning to see a change in my attitude and I am starting to believe in myself again. Its onwards & upwards from now on:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

If anything, I am TOO perfect

But in all seriousness, I definitely take other people's opinions about my thoughts/work performance/general traits too personally. I also tend to be shy in a group environment, and wouldn't really air my own opinion in said environment (not great when serving on a committee). Would rather say how I really feel via email or drunken text :D

Well able to talk face-to-face to someone, but at same time nod and agree with what they are saying so as not to cause offence.

Never great at maintaining eye contact growing up, but it's definitely something I have improved on recently. Definitely a better listener than talker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

If anybody wrongs me then that’s it.
    Anything sneaky or dishonest then bam.....
    Never to be acknowledged again.
    They wouldn’t have a clue tho.
    Unless they ask.
    Once that happens I never go back.
    Ruthless that way I am.

Doesn’t mean I am afraid of confrontation, quiet the opposite actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

I will hammer myself over the 1% of a job or problem in work that I couldn't figure out and not for a second praise myself for the excellent job of getting 99% of it right. Even when other people tell me how much I have helped and how useful I am, I am tormented by the 1% that got away...

Sure. Does the boss know who you are on Boards then?:)

LirW wrote: »
    I'm very straight forward, and I mean VERY. I know plenty of people saying "Oh you know I'm a very honest person" but the truth is that a level of honesty is not received well in some cases.
    Luckily, I have some compassion and am somewhat diplomatic which makes it a tad better.

Same. I've actually come to realise recently when people say "tell me what you think, honestly".. that they actually don't want brutal honesty. Well, not the anna080 version anyway! :pac:
    I just can't lie to people and bullsh!t them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Too many to mention.

I don´t just over think I over feel. Every single thing. I am getting better thankfully.
    Laziness.
    Procrastination. If it can be done next week why do it today.
    A voice that is never far away telling me ¨you aren´t good enough¨
    At times precarious self-esteem
    Selfishness
    Jealousy
    Envy
    Gluttony

Jaysus.

A normal woman by the sound of it. Know that you have 10 times the hormones of any man circulating in your system on any given day, so that's the reason imo. Having hormones doesn't make you great either so don't think that I'm "celebrating your uniqueness" either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm really messy. Disgustingly so at times.

Oh swearing too. Lots of swearing.
    But I'm cute so it's okay :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Well, it takes me a long time to learn anything. I'm kind of a goofball. Little stuff starts disappearing from the workplace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

I'm an absolute cnut, ...other than that I'm a sweetheart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

HUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEE hands

HUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEE hands

All the better for pussy grabbing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Is too good looking a character flaw? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

I’ll take note of this answer for when this question is asked in an interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I need a looming deadline or I do nothing, funny thing is that up against the clock I'm very good. I'm a bit too easy going until the moment I snap. At work I need someone with me or standing over me to be at full production.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Wracking my brains here but no, sorry, I have no flaws....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

I'm a weird combination of socially awkward and couldn't give a crap what anyone thinks of me. The awkwardness is since birth, the latter took me a long number of years to work out, I used to constantly worry what people though of me but then I realised that it got me nowhere, so **** them all. There is a large number of people who dislike me, but it stemed from their own issues, so I don't care.

My job forces me to be the bad guy in many situations so it's a role I have embraced and probably allowed me to be a happier person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

It takes me a long time to learn things. I'm kind of a goof off....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Lazy, I cannot get properly going in work unless there is a crisis or looming deadline, at which point I can get through incredible amounts of work. I rarely miss a deadline though, and have a reputation as a Trojan worker. In truth I’d have a really handy and interesting job if I didn’t make it so hard by procrastinating and creating a mini s**tstorm for myself every month.

I used to also be very shy and suffered with social anxiety until a promotion at work forced me into regular public speaking. I actually considered quitting because I used to work myself up so much, but bit by bit my anxiety wore off and I now actually enjoy events and speaking in public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Lazy, I cannot get properly going in work unless there is a crisis or looming deadline, at which point I can get through incredible amounts of work. I rarely miss a deadline though, and have a reputation as a Trojan worker. In truth I’d have a really handy and interesting job if I didn’t make it so hard by procrastinating and creating a mini s**tstorm for myself every month.

I used to also be very shy and suffered with social anxiety until a promotion at work forced me into regular public speaking. I actually considered quitting because I used to work myself up so much, but bit by bit my anxiety wore off and I now actually enjoy events and speaking in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I'm waaay too honest. I've no time for bull****. Life's too short.

I probably need to be more assertive and have a bit more belief in my self. The title of this thread made me think of this though :D

JRTQBwG.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I probably need to be more assertive and have a bit more belief in my self. The title of this thread made me think of this though :D

JRTQBwG.jpg

No joke, that was very close to an interview I had a while ago because of said problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Flaws? B*tch please, I'm fabulous.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Being alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

Being alive.

I used to feel the very same way, are you ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I have no patience or willpower. I want everything I like now and all the time until I get bored of it. I used to judge myself very harshly and consider what other people think of me far too much but recently told myself feck that. I am who I am. I'm not perfect but I try my best. That will have to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I used to be apathetic, but these days I just can’t be bothered.

I have no patience or willpower. I want everything I like now and all the time until I get bored of it. I used to judge myself very harshly and consider what other people think of me far too much but recently told myself feck that. I am who I am. I'm not perfect but I try my best. That will have to do.

You're a work in progress :) I'm the very opposite and it made me realize something a little harsh about myself. I've got a lot of patience, and pretty iron willpower. I don't have a lot of talents but when I need to knuckle down and get something done I'm quite resolute.

It's one of my better characteristics, but it leads to a sort of lack of understanding of people who have trouble with it, and I used to judge people pretty harshly for it. I'm the first to admit now that it was unfair, but it's only in the last few years I'm really aware of that unpleasant trait, and I make a conscious effort to be more tolerant now. I'm only a work in progress too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I like ****.

I'm also a fattie with a serious gambling and drink problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

I'm far too placid; I've no issue with debating something and anything with anyone, given I have some knowledge/experience of the topic, however, if the debate turns into an argument I leave it alone.

I suppose I am non-confrontational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Violent temper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I dwell on things for ever pretty much, minute things, always negative, or where I've got embarrassed that most people would have long forgotten.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
Advertisement