Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

your biggest character flaw?

2»

Comments

I dwell on things for ever pretty much, minute things, always negative, or where I've got embarrassed that most people would have long forgotten.

Overthinking is a curse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

My biggest flaw? Despite my best efforts to appear in a positive light to others, I am human just like everyone else on this thread. At times I can be aggressive, inconsiderate, lazy, shy, anxious, cynical or arrogant, but I will always try my best to improve and be a better person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

A bit of a yes person, I really should be a bit more selfish and not be a soft touch with people.

I'm also a bit goofy - it means I'm rarely taken seriously especially at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Probably lacking in confidence in a general sense.

I put up a good front and find it easy to fake it, am pretty outspoken and adept at public speaking because of my work. But deep down I care far too much about what other people think, often don't believe in myself enough to make a decision without getting it validated by someone else and constantly compare myself to others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I like ****.

I'm also a fattie with a serious gambling and drink problem.

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 5ive

Common problem it seems....overthinking myself into panic attacks; and also assuming no one would want to bother with/talk to me so I ignore them to spare their discomfort and undoubtedly end up looking like a ignorant cnut....... *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

The other day while on normal lunch break in Dublin, I was quite rude to a persistent beggar who was a foreign national. Had second thoughts about it later. Perhaps that person had gone through hell to get to Ireland, and if I had been born in a third world country I could be in their shoes. Hard to know peoples full circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

I’m a control freak who gets anxious if I don’t have control on things. I’m an over thinker, a perfectionist and am very impatient. I get an idea into my head and I run like Bolt with it. Can be annoying particularly in a working environment. Find myself staying back long after everyone has gone home finishing something that I need not have started. Not a soul in the real world is aware of any of this. I’m also exceptionally private.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

I have too much empathy

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's anxiety that causes over-thinking, not the other way around.

I think everyone gets anxious from time-to-time but there are those of us for whom it's an almost constant state of being:

622180298394984448-png__700.jpg

134310608146-png__700.jpg

847784941643591681-png__700.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭timmy880

Procrastination....

I'll do anything to cause a delay in what I'm supposed to be doing... I really would not recommend it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I need a looming deadline or I do nothing, funny thing is that up against the clock I'm very good. I'm a bit too easy going until the moment I snap. At work I need someone with me or standing over me to be at full production.

So glad that I've found someone the same. I don't need someone standing over me but I do need a deadline. Don't tell me to do something whenever I get the chance whatever you do. :D

Tell me it has to be done by today I'll guarantee it's done. Don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Jealous in romantic relationships

Insecure - Never feel like I'm good enough for anybody or anything

If you hurt me atall in the slightest you're dead to me.Dont even bother.

Keep everyone at arms length so nobody can really get close to me

Not very punctual

Leave everything to the last minute resulting in a
    mad rush to get stuff finished and projects in on time.

Very introverted at times.

Analyse people when I meet them, their facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, how they interact with others, I wouldn't say this is a flaw, I like doing this, but I can't switch it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

worrying- spent a large proportion of my life with health anxiety/ being worried about illness /diseases etc, then my worst fear happened at 36 years old- I got cancer. It wasn't a cakewalk but I got through it, now I look back at all that wasted worry- perhaps this has made me stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JollyBustard

My biggest flaw?

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

My biggest flaw?

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is!

Your biggest flaw is being 10 years behind with your jokes. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JollyBustard

pilly wrote: »
    Your biggest flaw is being 10 years behind with your jokes. :D:D

There's no time limit on good jokes! I still don't know what it is though :confused:

As an aside, I guess that is an actual character flaw - I tend to say the absolute worst things at times. And I'm just not funny - no gift of the gab and quite a monotonous voice means if I make a joke (about twenty minutes after the topic) it's usually greeted with looks of confusion and the odd polite titter. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Procrastinati...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'm hypersensitive, overly emotional and have an anxious disposition since I was a child.

I can be a drama queen at times, I work myself into a right state (mentally, I never take it out on anyone) getting upset over some perceived slight, and then feel silly when I realise I ruined my own day over something trivial.

I'm also hesitant to do or participate in anything I'm not brilliant at - not exactly a sore loser but hate the idea of looking stupid and would rather not bother with something than fail at it.

I also look tend to look at the worst case scenario, I'm trying to be more positive and "half glass full" but its a hard one to break.

I swear I'm sound though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'm not a natural liar and I can't lie authentically without preparation. Yes, this is a flaw, sometimes you need to tell a lie for a good reason. It makes me feel stupid.

I can't keep a straight face let alone tell a joke deadpan so I'm not good at telling longer jokes.

If there is a biggest flaw then it'd be too personal to be telling people on tinternet. Although one man's flaw is another man's strength.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Lets see, I'm lazy, ugly, unfit, unmotivated, rude, inconsiderate, tight with my money, wasteful with other peoples money, distant, cold, anti-social, long sighted, anxious in social situations, lonely, isolated, poor memory, terrible verbal communication, bad posture, bad body language, bad teeth, untidy hair, old shabby clothes, my smile comes across as creepy and my rage is unintimidating. I have poor attention to detail, bad maths, bad spelling, poor decision making skills, no imagination, poor problem solving skills, I'm grumpy, racist, have a poor sense of humour, self righteous, judgemental and i have constant foot odour and flatulence.

Just your average guy really.

I suppose my biggest character flaw is my inability to write short snappy posts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've never been able to fully relax about my appearance. You could call it vanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Apathy, nihilism, self doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Unable to empathize with angry people
    Tollerence of assholes isn't great either.
    I spend a lot of time on my own.

I also am getting more grumpy lol

Modesty

I have little tolerance for dramatics regarding things which I believe to be of no consequence. For example if you lose the run of yourself because you missed the bus or you can't get a hair appointment or you didn't receive enough birthday wishes. That kind of thing.

It's a flaw because it's not for me to say what's a big deal to someone or how they should react.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I have zero ability to 'sell' myself (or anything else, I'm hilariously bad at sales) and it comes from a place of arrogance rather than modesty.

I really like explaining things to people who want to listen but as soon as I detect that someone is not making a genuine effort that's it. **** you for wasting my time and I'll never consider you a proper person again. It's like an extreme patience switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I like ****.

Yourself?.............................. or oul' fellas down the park for a fiver?

Maybe both?

Advertisement