Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ideas for Halloween fancy dress party

• 11-10-2017 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Sorry to ask this.

The oh is having a fancy dress Halloween party to coincide with the birthday and its somethimg i hate.

Im 16.5st so superhero is out. Nobody wants to see a chubby superman, thor or heman. Skeletor and predator were 2 i liked but again the chub aspect kinda negates stealthy amd skellingtony!

Ffs please please please could you give me a few ideas. Id like something retro, funky or cool and not just the norm of elvis brealing bad or game of thrones. This is a big deal apparantly and if i dont male an effort, i was told to go as the invisible man and pack my bags. The inlaws are also horrendous sneering c-units so the likes of wheres wally or something would leave me open for abuse that i would really rather not let myself in for.

I poxy hate dress up. Stupid feckin thing. Ive budgeted about 100 to 150 quid. Your help wiuld be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Sorry to ask this.

The oh is having a fancy dress Halloween party to coincide with the birthday and its somethimg i hate.

Im 16.5st so superhero is out. Nobody wants to see a chubby superman, thor or heman. Skeletor and predator were 2 i liked but again the chub aspect kinda negates stealthy amd skellingtony!

Ffs please please please could you give me a few ideas. Id like something retro, funky or cool and not just the norm of elvis brealing bad or game of thrones. This is a big deal apparantly and if i dont male an effort, i was told to go as the invisible man and pack my bags. The inlaws are also horrendous sneering c-units so the likes of wheres wally or something would leave me open for abuse that i would really rather not let myself in for.

I poxy hate dress up. Stupid feckin thing. Ive budgeted about 100 to 150 quid. Your help wiuld be much appreciated.

Have you seen Cannonball Run?

Go as....

cda3cad9c25e31d1ea7dd82768997a56--amazing-people-film.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

Also need something that will be identifyable by inbred inlaws ( yes i see what i did there lol)

Not a bad start amd not far off my build!

The Penguin from Batman?

Peter Griffin?

There is a penguin and an actual person dressed as an actual penguin going!!! I dont have the chin for a peter griffin!

There is a penguin and an actual person dressed as an actual penguin going!!! I dont have the chin for a peter griffin!

Homer Simpson?

Or Stay Puft the Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Sellotape a few bin bags together and hey presto, you have a retro 80s style witches costume!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

One of the larger WWE/WWF wrestlers maybe? There's loads out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Slippers, dressing gown, mug, rolled up newspaper and messy hair or one of those cartooney 'bed hats' and maybe a rolled up newspaper if you want to go mad (just use elastic bands to keep it together).

I threw it together on a whim years back when I decided to head out last minute. Goes down really, really well with pretty much everyone for whatever reason, is really comfy and warm if the dressing gown is good (you can always just untie it if it's a crowded pub, house, nightclub, etc) and is stupidly easy to put together.

Just be sure to wear shorts and a t-shirt underneath! :pac:

Billy86 wrote: »
    Slippers, dressing gown, mug, rolled up newspaper and messy hair or one of those cartooney 'bed hats' and maybe a rolled up newspaper if you want to go mad (just use elastic bands to keep it together).

I threw it together on a whim years back when I decided to head out last minute. Goes down really, really well with pretty much everyone for whatever reason, is really comfy and warm if the dressing gown is good (you can always just untie it if it's a crowded pub, house, nightclub, etc) and is stupidly easy to put together.

Just be sure to wear shorts and a t-shirt underneath! :pac:

Good idea...and you then have your budgeted money to spend on the most important thing you'll need when surrounded by in-laws.

220px-Dutch_beers.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

The Silent Monk

First say you can't attend.

Monk outfit, death mask, lantern with candle.

Stand still with lantern moving slowly side to side. Then move a small bit and repeat.

Say nothing.

Scares the sh1te out of people especially if they don't know its you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Cover yourself in cotton wool and go as a cloud with an arrow pointing to your face saying upload drink here.

Sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Because of your username, I was going to suggest Cardinal Richelieu but they probably wouldn't get it.

516px-Cardinal-Richelieu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Before you all have a go at me, this is lighthearted.

Put yourself into a burka with a letterbox on your face covering. I am sure it is allowed even in this oh so PC country. Well it is gender neutral!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

A lumberjack, all you need is a plaid shirt and axe.

homer-simpson-20081017022136082-000.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Harvey weinstein?

newjackcity2.jpg

Think ill kust go in my birthday suit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Sorry to ask this.

Give the horrible bitch the heave ho and don't worry about a fancy dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Super Mario?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Donald Trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Kim Jong Un.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Divine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

ryan tubridy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

5abec55f83ab8ec9f6ef7ac26d0c120d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Blackface Jimmy Savile with a Cool Runnings theme.

Make sure to post the pictures here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

How about.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You'll need a friend.

Have your friend strap a bowl of custard around his waist and have his knob dipped in the custard.

You can take a pear, cut a hole in it and fill is with jizz

If anyone asks, just say that you've both dressed as emotions
    Say "well my friend is fuc.king disgusted and I've just come in despair"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Alan Partridge zombie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Blackface Jimmy Savile with a Cool Runnings theme.

Make sure to post the pictures here. :)

Would happily give a beer to anyone who showed up dressed to a party like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The inlaws are also horrendous sneering c-units
    Any chance they don't get invited?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Bastard_(character)

You can abuse the relatives and say that you are just staying in character ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Would happily give a beer to anyone who showed up dressed to a party like that.

A crate for the man who shows up like that to an AH beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I'm just going to say the obvious but how about Pennywise the Dancing Clown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

A lumberjack, all you need is a plaid shirt and axe.

You forgot the interesting selection of underwear and shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Go as a ghost caught on tape.

White sheet. Wrap it in tape.

Advertisement