Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi hotspot issue

Options
  • 11-10-2017 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

This is my first post on boards.ie so not sure if it's in the right place or not.
    So here's my problem, for years I have been using my phone as a WiFi hotspot for pretty much everything, laptop, TV, PlayStation. I never had any issues with being charged extra and always assumed that I could use hotspot as part of my data plan. Recently I purchased a new phone and when I went to use the hotspot for the laptop it drained all my credit even though I had data left on my plan. So I called Vodafone and they said that none of their pay as you go plans include WiFi hotspot and that I should have always been charged for using it.

Does anyone know how they suddenly became aware that I was using hotspot now and not years ago?

Are there any settings I can change on my phone so they don't notice it anymore?

Old phone was an Xperia Z3 compact, new one is Xperia xz.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Did you change SIM for the new phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Atlantic03

ED E wrote: »
    Did you change SIM for the new phone?

No, same sim card as before.

Advertisement