Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH 1000MB. Max Speeds 70-80mb

Options
  • 11-10-2017 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Basically since installation, i am not getting anywhere near the speeds i am paying for.
    I am on the 1000mb package but only getting average speeds of 70-80mb.
    I have called and called and called customer service helpline but all the little things they do are not making one tiny bit of difference. An engineer was due to call last week but never did. When i phoned again to see where he was, i was told the fault was fixed. A fault the customer service rep told me wasnt there. He could see nothing wrong his side so had sent a request for an engineer call out. Well it is still the same. Im still only getting 1/15th of the speed im paying for, at best (22mb at this moment in time!!! They cant keep telling me there is nothing wrong!!!)

Can you please please please arrange for an engineer to be sent out to me to look into this for me? No amount of anymore phone calls are going to get to the bottom of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi,
    Basically since installation, i am not getting anywhere near the speeds i am paying for.
    I am on the 1000mb package but only getting average speeds of 70-80mb.
    I have called and called and called customer service helpline but all the little things they do are not making one tiny bit of difference. An engineer was due to call last week but never did. When i phoned again to see where he was, i was told the fault was fixed. A fault the customer service rep told me wasnt there. He could see nothing wrong his side so had sent a request for an engineer call out. Well it is still the same. Im still only getting 1/15th of the speed im paying for, at best (22mb at this moment in time!!! They cant keep telling me there is nothing wrong!!!)

Can you please please please arrange for an engineer to be sent out to me to look into this for me? No amount of anymore phone calls are going to get to the bottom of it.
    Hi Radharc na Sleibhte,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing ongoing issues with your broadband service. Can you send me your account number in a PM please? I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭raydator

Just because you have the 1000mb extreme package does not mean that's the speed you will get.

It has been posted here several times that the system has been designed with 2.5 Gb/s down and 1.2 Gb/s up split up to 1:31. This is standard in residential broadband provisioning. 

So, more connections on your DP means less and less speed....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

raydator wrote: »
    Just because you have the 1000mb extreme package does not mean that's the speed you will get.

It has been posted here several times that the system has been designed with 2.5 Gb/s down and 1.2 Gb/s up split up to 1:31. This is standard in residential broadband provisioning. 

So, more connections on your DP means less and less speed....

I know all about it, but thanks very much!!

Advertisement