Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you prefer if your partner cheated on you with somebody of the same gender?

• 12-10-2017 1:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭

Would it make the situation any different for you..? Just crossed my mind because a guy I know cheated on his gf with some lad he met at a party a while ago. He told her and I dont know what happened, like whether she was very mad or not, but she forgave him either way.And theyre still together. he cheated on her a second time with the same guy recently and hasnt told her yet about the second incident so I dont know how steady their future together is :pac:
    The guy is a mutual friend of the couple and she always makes it very clear she doesnt like him when theyre in group situations together after what happened
    But just made me wonder whether she would have taken him back if he had cheated on her with a girl. or if it made any difference to peoples situation.
    Well?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

only if I could watch :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

You couldn't complain otherwise you'd be a homophobe and quiete possibly a racist thrown in for good measure too.

wakka12 wrote: »
    The guy is a mutual friend of the couple

His treatment of her suggests he isn't her friend in any remotely normal sense of that word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

wakka12 wrote: »
    Would it make the situation any different for you..? Just crossed my mind because a guy I know cheated on his gf with some lad he met at a party a while ago. He told her and I dont know what happened, like whether she was very mad or not, but she forgave him either way.And theyre still together. he cheated on her a second time with the same guy recently and hasnt told her yet about the second incident so I dont know how steady their future together is :pac:
    The guy is a mutual friend of the couple and she always makes it very clear she doesnt like him when theyre in group situations together after what happened
    But just made me wonder whether she would have taken him back if he had cheated on her with a girl. or if it made any difference to peoples situation.
    Well?

I think situations like this can lead to a lot of distrust and biphobia; assumptions that all bisexuals are cheaters etc

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Doltanian wrote: »
    You couldn't complain otherwise you'd be a homophobe and quiete possibly a racist thrown in for good measure too.

He cheated. Of course you can complain about that.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

I think situations like this can lead to a lot of distrust and biphobia; assumptions that all bisexuals are cheaters etc

Ugh. Is "biphobia" a word now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

If it was a man she cheated with, she can get out.

If it was a woman she cheated with, hey, bring her on over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

only if I could watch :pac:

Yeah I mean is the OP seriously expecting a loving partner to object to some lesbian action? I'd want a bit of that action too.

You disappoint OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I personally would have no problem with the missus sleeping with other women. She however does not see the appeal and thinks I should be horrified by the thought.

"Well is it at least ok if I suck the odd cock then?" "NO":mad::mad:

I pretended to be disappointed, but between you and me - I wasn't going to anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

How dare you assume either party's gender OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

A cheat is a cheat and cannot be trusted. After that its all just little details.

A cheat is a cheat and cannot be trusted. After that its all just little details.

Nah, eating's not cheating:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Good to see you managed to shoehorn an lgbtq phobia into the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

If someone kills someone they're always going to be a killer.
    So in my philosophy if someone cheats they're always going to be a cheater.

My last girlfriend cheated on her ex husband of 4 kids and the guy after of 2 kids.

She's 6 kids in all, quite the successful lady accidemically and business wise, she run's a firm in Dublin and Galway.

She was upfront and honest with me and said she'd never cheat on me.

3 months later she's on tinder organising a rendezvous with my friend,who she was none the wiser of him being my mate.

Some of us guy's and women are attracted to the type of person who cheats.

They're usually intense at the start,all about you and probably check in with you 5 to 10 times a day....
    You'll notice then they cool off because I for one can't tollerate intensity in the relationship.

Then when you don't give them the attention they crave, they're off seeking other thrill's.

Next thing the carpet's pulled out and your wondering what the **** just happened ???

My side of the story is it's my own fault, I seen the red flags I've experienced before and Still stayed.

It was in her nature to cheat,it's more psychological than malice.

They lack empathy on the person who they cheated on.... because they deserve it for not giving them enough attention....

Whether it's carpet munching or the salami....

So once a cheat always a cheat.....

Whether it's carpet munching or the salami...

She should have stuck with beef burrito...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Still cheating, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

She should have stuck with beef burrito...

Lol I like that humour....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

This actually happened me in my very first relationship as a teen, lol

My boyfriend would be getting the train to college and there was a guy he'd be chatting to and became friends with who he was pretty sure was into him. He seemed creeped out at the thought, which I spent many evenings telling him he shouldn't be creeped out, that it was sweet, that there was nothing wrong with it and that the guy sounded lovely so there was no reason for him to avoid him.

Until one day my bf went back to the guys place and had sex with him. He didn't think I'd mind since I was so encouraging of their friendship...

Of course we didn't last too much longer after that. Still cheating in my book, even if I did encourage it by accident :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Good to see you managed to shoehorn an lgbtq phobia into the thread.

It makes a change from them accusing everyone and everything of being 'hateful', a 'hate crime', or any variation of playing the 'hate' card.

Like a broken record...

Flibble wrote: »
    This actually happened me in my very first relationship as a teen, lol

My boyfriend would be getting the train to college and there was a guy he'd be chatting to and became friends with who he was pretty sure was into him. He seemed creeped out at the thought, which I spent many evenings telling him he shouldn't be creeped out, that it was sweet, that there was nothing wrong with it and that the guy sounded lovely so there was no reason for him to avoid him.

Until one day my bf went back to the guys place and had sex with him. He didn't think I'd mind since I was so encouraging of their friendship...

Of course we didn't last too much longer after that. Still cheating in my book, even if I did encourage it by accident :P

Jaysus - that's some Jedi level powers of persuasion you've got there.

Do you fancy having a quick word with the missus for me?biggrin.png

• Advertisement

Jaysus - that's some Jedi level powers of persuasion you've got there.

Do you fancy having a quick word with the missus for me?biggrin.png

If you're taking commissions can you speak to Adam Levine and Jamie Dornan for me ?

Give me a bit of notice to get the camcorder and popcorn though yeah ?

Cheers!!!

I'd say Adams a bit of craic, not really my type, what with having a mickey and all, but good craic nonetheless. But Jamie - jaysus he's the most boring man in showbiz!

I'd say Adams a bit of craic, not really my type, what with having a mickey and all, but good craic nonetheless. But Jamie - jaysus he's the most boring man in showbiz!

Just purely for the looking at mate!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

If someone kills someone they're always going to be a killer.
    So in my philosophy if someone cheats they're always going to be a cheater.

My last girlfriend cheated on her ex husband of 4 kids and the guy after of 2 kids.

She's 6 kids in all, quite the successful lady accidemically and business wise, she run's a firm in Dublin and Galway.

She was upfront and honest with me and said she'd never cheat on me.

3 months later she's on tinder organising a rendezvous with my friend,who she was none the wiser of him being my mate.

Some of us guy's and women are attracted to the type of person who cheats.

They're usually intense at the start,all about you and probably check in with you 5 to 10 times a day....
    You'll notice then they cool off because I for one can't tollerate intensity in the relationship.

Then when you don't give them the attention they crave, they're off seeking other thrill's.

Next thing the carpet's pulled out and your wondering what the **** just happened ???

My side of the story is it's my own fault, I seen the red flags I've experienced before and Still stayed.

It was in her nature to cheat,it's more psychological than malice.

They lack empathy on the person who they cheated on.... because they deserve it for not giving them enough attention....

Whether it's carpet munching or the salami....

So once a cheat always a cheat.....

I read some article a while ago and they were saying that a person who has ever cheated on their partner is like 1600% more likely to cheat again on that partner or any future partner in their lifetime

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

It would be worse for me if my partner cheated with another man. Don't really know why. I suppose it just makes for double worry. You've to watch him around other men as well as women now. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Just purely for the looking at mate!!!!!

Jamie Dornan has an ugly nose, thin and wiggly. #disqualified

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Jamie Dornan has an ugly nose, thin and wiggly. #disqualified

Less competition lol!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭CPTM

I would have a problem with either. If she went off with another girl I would be wondering whether it was a once-off, or the first step of a major change in her preference.

Both raise questions about the person's ability to commit to the relationship in the future. The only difference is a person's ego can make one seem more acceptable than the other.

Advertisement