Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement fee

Options
  • 12-10-2017 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I ordered a statement last week and was advised that there may be a fee for doing so. At no point was I told how much the fee would be. I just got charged €33.80 for a bloody statement! How the hell can you justify that? And why can you not display the cost before it is ordered so people can decide whether they want to go ahead with it or not. Yet again bank of ireland shows that they are the worst bank in this country

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi shotgundivorce,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear you feel this way. 

Please be assured we will pass on your suggestion for the total cost of the statements to be advised before ordering.

Have a good day.

Thanks,

Kareana   

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shotgundivorce

Hi shotgundivorce,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear you feel this way. 

Please be assured we will pass on your suggestion for the total cost of the statements to be advised before ordering.

Have a good day.

Thanks,

Kareana   

Can you explain how you can charge that much for a statement?

Hi shotgundivorce,

There would be a link to the fees and charges when you are processing the order for the duplicate statements. 

The cost of copy statements would be €3.80 the first page and €2.50 for any remaining pages. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana  

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shotgundivorce

Hi shotgundivorce,

There would be a link to the fees and charges when you are processing the order for the duplicate statements. 

The cost of copy statements would be €3.80 the first page and €2.50 for any remaining pages. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana  

There is a link yes but it does not say the price! It says depending on your type or account there MAY be a charge. There is another link to the fees for personal account fees but that does not work and it says page can't be found. So how am I supposed to know how much you're going to charge in advance? Seems a great way to steal money off of customers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yep it's nuts. And they deliberately make their online banking not show history past a certain point - to force people to request paper printouts.

• Advertisement

Hi shotgundivorce,

We are sorry to hear that the link did not work for you.

Please see here for the link to our fees and charges.

Please be assured we will pass your feedback on.

Just to mention to avoid any charges for copy statements going forward you can view/download and print statements from your account as far back as 2012 when you are logged into 365 online under statements and documents.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement