Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any major issues to upgrading to latest 11 from 10?

Options
  • 12-10-2017 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭

IPhone 6S - IOS 10.3 really happy with it - its happened now that for some apps I use it would be convenient I upgraded to 11.

Im reading stories about battery life and app launch delays...
    eg. https://9to5mac.com/2017/09/25/ios-11-battery-life-problems/

Are you guys experiencing battery and app issues you couldnt fix?

Should I stay on 10?

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057750328&page=10

More discussion about iOS11 there.

Many people reported battery issues on iOS11 but it's supposed to have been fixed on update 11.0.3 that came out yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

murpho999 wrote: »
    it's supposed to have been fixed on update 11.0.3 that came out yesterday.

Oh thats good to hear... I might give it a try tonight - as I believe downgrading to 10.3 is actually still an option for a short time if its really bad.

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

ozmo wrote: »
    Oh thats good to hear... I might give it a try tonight - as I believe downgrading to 10.3 is actually still an option for a short time if its really bad.

It's not. Apple stopped signing iOS 10 last week. There's no going back.

You should be fine, though. Only thing to be aware of is that iOS 11 is 64-bit only, so if you still use any old abandonware 32-bit apps they won't work anymore. But if they haven't been updated by now it's unlikely they will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I was having pretty awful battery life with 11.0.2 where it'd drop 30% over night. I installed 11.0.3 last night and batter life is much improved. Only lost about 10% overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I’m on 11.03 and still having battery issues on iPad Air.

• Advertisement

TinCool wrote: »
    I was having pretty awful battery life with 11.0.2 where it'd drop 30% over night. I installed 11.0.3 last night and batter life is much improved. Only lost about 10% overnight.

Same as. 11.0.3 sorted the problem for me also. I was getting a bit nervous!

Advertisement