Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis to Athlone

• 12-10-2017 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi,

With new road open what is the quickest route to Athlone, is it worth going on the motorway or through Loughrea?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

fire_man wrote: »
    Hi,

With new road open what is the quickest route to Athlone, is it worth going on the motorway or through Loughrea?

Thanks

If it was me I would go "motorway" all the way if only, to see what the new section is like ...... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Motorway. My wife went to Dublin and back via the M6 yeasterday. She went out by Loughrea and home by the new motorway route. She said the motorway was way faster.

I always found that road from Gort to Loughrea a right pain. Long, slow, narrow winding. I can’t see any reason to use it now that the motorway is open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭fire_man

That's good.Never liked that road either.

Advertisement