Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to quit Bill Pay.

Options
  • 12-10-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi does anyone know if its possible to quit Vodafone Bill Pay. I have 4 months left of a 12 month contract, i am moving abroad in 3 weeks and dont want to be paying for a service that i wont be using.
    Does anyone know what options i have in this regard. I have tried calling them but have only spoke to operators who are based in India, Egypt and Uzbekistan. Although they are trying they simply cannot answer my question due to their lack of english and me trying to explain so all i keep getting is generic answers like "yes yes i understand you are on billpay". I had to hang up.
    Please someone help me out. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Only way out is pay the remaining months but they can't charge you Vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do you want me to move this thread to the Talk to Vodafone forum? The reps there may be able to offer more help than their offshore colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

guil wrote: »
    Only way out is pay the remaining months but they can't charge you Vat.

Did not know that! Seems you’re spot on

http://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Mobile-Billpay-Packages/Questions-About-Cancelling-Contract/m-p/177696

Op unfortunately a contract has to be paid for the remainder

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

??

A service provider can't charge vat unless the service is provided. If you cancel the contract you have to pay the remaining months minus vat. I'm speaking of experience with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

guil wrote: »
    A service provider can't charge vat unless the service is provided. If you cancel the contract you have to pay the remaining months minus vat. I'm speaking of experience with Vodafone.

Wow, thanks, that's really good to know. Never came across that before.

• Advertisement
Advertisement