Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

triangle key for meter box

• 12-10-2017 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

just moved and need the readings, where can I get a triangle key like this in Limerick?

ewqEEpM.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

just moved and need the readings, where can I get a triangle key like this in Limerick?

ewqEEpM.png

I've seen them in €2 shops but any hardware store will have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,014 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I just use a pliers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Any hardware shop should have them. What part of the city are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

I'm sure lots of places sell them but I got mine in Joe McKennas in Parnell Street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tesco and the likes of Euro Giant & Mr Price have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

The utility companies (esp those that want you to read your own meter) are quite happy to send one out to you in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Dooradoyle, need one asap to provide the reading, work means I can't go shopping until Saturday. Will try the pliers when I com back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tesco in the Crescent Shopping Centre should have one if your stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Alkers

You can often open them with a finger!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Limerick_MH

VikingG wrote: »
    The utility companies (esp those that want you to read your own meter) are quite happy to send one out to you in the post.

+1 on this, got mine from the utility company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

€1.50 in B&Q

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cupan_tae

Hope you got this sorted. A long nose pliers will open that for you or like said already just try grabbing with your fingers and twisting

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

cupan_tae wrote: »
    Hope you got this sorted. A long nose pliers will open that for you or like said already just try grabbing with your fingers and twisting

Picked one up this morning at B&Q ..... 1.65 ... cast aluminium .....excellent design/quality :)

Advertisement