Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Display issues

Options
  • 12-10-2017 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hey all.

Just moved house. Boxed up PS4 safely so can't imagine there was any damage. Unpacked, plugged in HDMI into same TV and all I'm seeing is either one of two things:

1. The TV telling me there is no signal when initially turning everything on.
    2. Once I try to load Safe Mode I see a full screen of grey static. There is no partial PS4 input at all, just a consistent full screen of static. See attached picture.

The PS4 appears to boot fine, I hear it go through its boot sequence, I can hear it working as such as I make random selections on the controller, but no display at all.

I've tried two different HDMI cables, same result.
    I've tried two different HDMI ports on TV, same result.
    I've tried a laptop on both cables and both ports and displays successfully.
    There appears to be NO damage at all to the HDMI port on the PS4.

As far as I can remember it ran an update a couple of weeks prior to the move but all worked fine after that. Am I looking at a faulty HDMI port maybe or something more? Its about 1.5 years old PS4.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hey all.

Just moved house. Boxed up PS4 safely so can't imagine there was any damage. Unpacked, plugged in HDMI into same TV and all I'm seeing is either one of two things:

1. The TV telling me there is no signal when initially turning everything on.
    2. Once I try to load Safe Mode I see a full screen of grey static. There is no partial PS4 input at all, just a consistent full screen of static. See attached picture.

The PS4 appears to boot fine, I hear it go through its boot sequence, I can hear it working as such as I make random selections on the controller, but no display at all.

I've tried two different HDMI cables, same result.
    I've tried two different HDMI ports on TV, same result.
    I've tried a laptop on both cables and both ports and displays successfully.
    There appears to be NO damage at all to the HDMI port on the PS4.

As far as I can remember it ran an update a couple of weeks prior to the move but all worked fine after that. Am I looking at a faulty HDMI port maybe or something more? Its about 1.5 years old PS4.

Thanks

Your HDMI post is knackered. If you cant get it into safe mode and sho a display then its knackeredand needs replacing. Mine went but it would only show no HD resolutions but would work on SD res.

Try a few of these: https://ps4.wonderhowto.com/how-to/ps4-wont-connect-your-tv-try-these-no-signal-troubleshooting-tips-0149511/

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭SeanoChuinn

Hey thanks. Have actually stepped through this site too. If i boot it up normally I see the No Display message. But if i try to boot into safe mode as suggested I see the snow screen, so assume something display wise is being communicated, but then can't be displayed. I fear the port may be buggered alright.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hey thanks. Have actually stepped through this site too. If i boot it up normally I see the No Display message. But if i try to boot into safe mode as suggested I see the snow screen, so assume something display wise is being communicated, but then can't be displayed. I fear the port may be buggered alright.

Yeah port is wrecked, its only a ase of resoldering to fix it tho I believe so alot of the phone repair places will fix it for approx 40-50 if I remember rightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭SeanoChuinn

Ok cool. Might chat to my local phone "fix" shop and see if they can do it. Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is this not a case of pressing and holding the power button and then you get a display option?
    Seem to remember it happening to someone before.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Is this not a case of pressing and holding the power button and then you get a display option?
    Seem to remember it happening to someone before.

Yeah, you fbring the console to safe mode that way which the OP tried and all he can get is static.

Advertisement