Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

133 Bus - does it allow bicycles?

Options
  • 12-10-2017 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi, just wanted to check if i can take my bicycle on this bus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

their website says:

Bicycles, prams and non-folding childrens' pushchairs will be carried only if sufficient accommodation is available; they must be placed in the luggage compartment or other designated area of the vehicle and are subject to a charge as determined by Bus Éireann from time to time.

where are you going from/to? - the train might be a better bet, I'd be reluctant to put my bike into the cargo hold of a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

Yes, but do these buses have space for it? 22522968895_89a2f327f4_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ring them and ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I have put a bike in similar type buses. Just slide it in sideways where the suitcases go, ie its the door between the wheels that swings upwards.
    If a lot of people were going to the airport though, it might be full already with luggage, depending on where you get on. And make sure nobody else dumps a heavy suitcase on top of your wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Sorry to hijack thread. Just wondering how long the 133 bus takes from Arklow to city centre at peak times? I guess it's not great for commuting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

The regular 133 starts in Wicklow Town. The number 2 is the usual bus from Arklow to Dublin City Centre

Advertisement