Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft active product

• 12-10-2017 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi sorry if this had been asked before, I've installed MS windows XP home edition, it's now asking for MS active product I rang the free phone entered the product on screen in order to get new key but it won't let me and have tyoed it correctly

Any help on this? For some reason cant add pic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Where did you get XP and the key? Is it possible it's not a genuine copy?

Even if it is though, XP is a terrible choice nowadays as it's end of life, completely unsupported in terms of patches or security updates, and if you put it on the Internet it's a massive security risk to your data.

Better to get yourself a copy of Windows 10 (or at least Windows 7) to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

Bought it in second shop I imputed product when downloading it, now it's asking me to activate

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

Sorry for the late reply it's the ms office2003 I got when I downloaded from CD I entered product code, once loaded it telling me to activate online or ring number, it's the version is out of date I think which MS office is good for xp

Advertisement