Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Summer 2018 flights disappeared from Booking system for a while

Options
  • 12-10-2017 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭

Over the past few weeks I've been doing dummy bookings on Ryanair for DUB-BVA, DUB-CIA & SNN-FUE for the months of June, July & September

It was giving me prices & I was able to book these if I wanted

Today though there is no availability on these routes, it's like they have just pulled the lot, is this common for them to do this or are they in the process of updating their schedule?
    If I had booked last week, would my flights have just been cancelled?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Most likely adjusting the summer schedule, it happens alot with flights being booked so far out. You would get an email if there is a change asking you to agree or take a refund. Normally changes are only by a matter of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Most likely adjusting the summer schedule, it happens alot with flights being booked so far out. You would get an email if there is a change asking you to agree or take a refund. Normally changes are only by a matter of minutes.

Thanks

Any idea how long it takes them to adjust & go live?

Thanks

Any idea how long it takes them to adjust & go live?

Probably later today, its normally only down for brief periods. Drop them a tweet and they may be more specific. Its near impossible DUB - BVA & CIA would be dropped unless they open/move at ORY FCO. So there is nothing to worry about on that front.

Edit: Having a look there myself, entire summer schedule is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Masses of flights disappeared from booking engine following the scheduling furore so might be connected

Masses of flights disappeared from booking engine following the scheduling furore so might be connected

Baseless bull****. All cancellations are accounted for on the booking engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Baseless bull****. All cancellations are accounted for on the booking engine.

They may be reviewing the summer schedule and lowering growth to make sure they don't repeat the issues they've had. That way they won't be making cancellations further down the line.

Entire summer schedule is down for whatever reason. Trying to conflate that with the resolved rostering issue is misinformation.

Pretty decent growth at Athens announced today. Its doubtful anything will be cut for any reason beyond ****ty loads.

Flights are back online now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

The thread title might be a bit alarmist - might be worth adding that they only disappeared in the booking engine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Things have changed. I flew to Fuertaventura a couple of years back on a Monday. Flights in and out of there every day of the week while I was there. Now only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

superg wrote: »
    Things have changed. I flew to Fuertaventura a couple of years back on a Monday. Flights in and out of there every day of the week while I was there. Now only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Things change regularly!:pac:

Possibly more to do with the destination and demand rather than the airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

This isn't the first time the entire schedule has been removed from sale for a few hours. Likely only for a few tweaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Just a quick note on airline timetables.

The airlines tend to settle on the pattern of operation (i.e. number of flights and days of operation) about six months in advance of the timetable commencement.

Note - Summer timetables come into operation on the last Sunday in March and Winter times the last Sunday in October.

The precise times will still be subject to change until during the three months before they become effective - most airlines will make tweaks.

It is worth bearing this in mind when booking well in advance, especially on low frequency routes.

Advertisement