Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal of AH Ban

Options
  • 12-10-2017 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭

Hello there

I wonder if I may take some of your time.

I have in the past been a less than civil poster, quick to anger and going way over what the norm would be in way of replies. I could tell you the truth that I was going through some personal/family issues but I don't want it to seem like an excuse. It wasn't, not should it have been.

I wanted to show that this was in the past and I hope that my recent post history will show that.

I acknowledge my history on here, and I am ashamed of the way I behaved.

I have recently had one infraction which I regret but the moderator accepted my apology and agreed that whilst the infraction was warranted, given the other poster's comments they could see where I was coming from.

All I am asking for is one final chance. I enjoy the fun side of AH and whilst I wouldn't go so far as to say I've made friends exactly - i have favourite posters and look forward to engaging with them. I believe my posts recently will have demonstrated I can be civil. You have my word I shall remain so.

Again, I reiterate my behaviour was woeful in the early days. Moderators were right to deal with me as they did. It was a difficult time for me and I did not handle things well. Perhaps I ought not to have been online at that time.

You will be able to see recently I have had some serious disagreements the last few days and have debated civilly. I hope this goes some way to demonstrate how I will continue if allowed.

I really would like to ask for one final chance. I will not let you down.

Kindest regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please discuss this with the mod who banned you. If you can't resolve the matter between you come back here & a CMod will look into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Please discuss this with the mod who banned you. If you can't resolve the matter between you come back here & a CMod will look into it.

Hi there

I did - with Nicolas Cage earlier today but he upheld the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hi Peter, I will look into this.

Please share your PM conversation you had with the Mod.

Sure!! Thanks! He's a great mod and I get it but I'm hoping for the best.

Thank you. Posting them here will do.

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by PeterParker957
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nicolas Cage
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PeterParker957
    Hello

I do understand your decision and I would not want to go against it but I wonder if I could please ask you to reconsider ?

I have enjoyed the last few weeks in AH, and whilst not every thread has been fun and games, I have learned to use the ignore option where there may be issues - heading things off at the pass as it were.

I have taken mods views on board and learned from them as I hope you can see from the majority of the 300 posts recently - I really hope you can allow me to continue to participate.

My kindest regards.
    Hi,

Across your various accounts, you have amassed at least 6 warnings, 8 infractions and 7 bans. There are probably more. Your history has shown you to be clearly incapable of remaining civil. I see no reason to give you another chance.

You also have a history of closing accounts and moving on whenever you realise the jig is up and I wouldn't be surprised if you do this again. I recommend avoiding posting in After Hours on any future accounts you might have.

Needless to say, you are welcome to appeal this in the Dispute Resolution forum.

Regards,
    NC
    Hi

Can you not see that that is in the past though ?

The mod concerned agreed that the infraction was warranted but provoked given the other poster.

All I am asking for is one final chance and I think the posts recently will have demonstrated I can be civil.

I am the first to admit my behaviour was woeful in the early days. You were right.

However recently I have had some serious disagreements the last few days and have debated civilly.

I really would like to ask for one final go. I will not let you down.

Kindest regards.
    Hi,

The answer is no.

As said before, you are welcome to avail of the Dispute Resolution process.

Regards,
    NC

Thank you Lein.

Thank you. Will review later this evening.

That is much appreciated.

I have apologised repeatedly for my earlier behaviour last year and will do so again if needed.

I hope that my membership can be reinstated based on the recent posts and it be seen that I have truly learned from my earlier abhorrent behaviour.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Your history across your various accounts is shocking.

I am not sure one more chance will is the right course of action here.

• Advertisement

I appreciate that and you are right. But I am a different person to that who behaved in such a way. I give you my word that I will not interact with anything other that fun and civility.

I appreciate that and you are right. But I am a different person to that who behaved in such a way. I give you my word that I will not interact with anything other that fun and civility.

I am in a good mood today and I am willing to give you one last chance.

I will reduce your current ban from Permanent to one month to give you some more time to reflect.

The caveat is that the next Mod action against you no matter how minor, I have instructed the Mods to Permaban you and any future accounts that you create.

LEIN wrote: »
    I am in a good mood today and I am willing to give you one last chance.

I will reduce your current ban from Permanent to one month to give you some more time to reflect.

The caveat is that the next Mod action against you no matter how minor, I have instructed the Mods to Permaban you and any future accounts that you create.

I cannot thank you enough and you do have my word that there will no need to even mention anything I say, let alone a card or infraction.

Thank you so much, i look forward to engaging in fun debates!! have a great day!

Resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement