Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hipped Roof Conversion Clonee

Options
  • 12-10-2017 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi All

Has anyone In Clonee had a hipped roof converted and if so what way was the stairs situated. Had three different quotes and three different plans put to me:confused: which each builder said was the only and best way to do it :rolleyes:

Plan A Build up a dormer on the gable end (which i think looks awful and not in keeping with other houses

Plan B Sacrifice half box room and put in stairs from there via main hallway and up cutting by landing window

Plan c Cutting through back large bedroom and putting stairs there with new door to that old room/ Very confused

Any advice appreciated !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

There have been a good few of these built around Clonee over the last few years. The two I have seen have both continued the staircase as in option 2 above. One knocked a couple of feet from the box room and the other made no alterations. Both look fine to me. The alteration from hip to gable frees up a lot of space but does require a complete reconstruction of the roof.

There is a dormer one around the corner from me and whilst it would give much more room, I would agree that it looks a bit odd. I have not seen any of the option 3 approach as yet so cannot comment...sounds like to much hassle.

Advertisement