Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethereum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Wow, the gas fees have dramatically increased.

$68.30, **** me. They were $11 around a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

$68.30, **** me. They were $11 around a month ago.

Yeah, kinda makes it near impossible to shift.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

Yeah, kinda makes it near impossible to shift.

You can save a little selecting your own gas fee using a gas price tracker. just don't go too low.

https://ethgasstation.info/

50a061e132f959744cb3fd0084a91a1c.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

harmless wrote: »
    You can save a little selecting your own gas fee using a gas price tracker. just don't go too low.

https://ethgasstation.info/

50a061e132f959744cb3fd0084a91a1c.png

Very useful, thank you.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

big drops, whats up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

siochain wrote: »
    big drops, whats up?

I'd imagine Elon Musk's tweet about bitcoin affected the whole market.

Good time to buy. Flash sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

siochain wrote: »
    big drops, whats up?

Could just be a market correction, see what bounces back and what stalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Michael_Res1

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    There's no guarantee on anything in this industry, but it's still highly unlikely that 2.0 won't be well implemented and operating by 2024/2025, even if it is delayed in 2021/2022. There's too much at stake for them to not ensure they launch it smoothly, and they are progressively making updates with a clear defined path to it

Either way I think it's still wide open to competition, you already have DOT with a growing ecosystem and ADA will have picked up steam by 2024 as well, but I'm still mostly betting on ETHs already massive ecosystem still growing quicker than the others

Seriously is there a top 100 coin on the ada ecosystem. I'd much prefare dot's chances with Gavin woods leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ugh, knew it had to happen but it always hurts.

Ahhh gas fees halved, stupid corrupt meme coins tanking and India helped with COVID.
    Fantastic move by Buterin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Probably a good time to buy I'm guessing, unless of course it keeps dropping in value

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Probably a good time to buy I'm guessing, unless of course it keeps dropping in value

Dollar cost averaging is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SkyRevNet

I bought ETH on Binance a while back and I pretty muched staked it immediately. I'm now sitting on the BETH tokens I received when staking the ETH

How do I sell these? Before I staked, I noticed that the small print said I could sell them. I assumed i'd sell them much the same way I sell my other holdings, but I don't seem to have the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭el diablo

SkyRevNet wrote: »
    I bought ETH on Binance a while back and I pretty muched staked it immediately. I'm now sitting on the BETH tokens I received when staking the ETH

How do I sell these? Before I staked, I noticed that the small print said I could sell them. I assumed i'd sell them much the same way I sell my other holdings, but I don't seem to have the option.

Not sure. Is there an option to convert BETH to ETH?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Stop touching yourself

How does this work exactly? Do you need to buy back your staked ETH afterwards using BETH again?

I'm interested to hear what you can do with the BETH tokens in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I'm now sitting on the BETH tokens I received when staking the ETH

How do I sell these?
    el diablo wrote: »
    Not sure. Is there an option to convert BETH to ETH?

https://www.binance.com/en/trade/BETH_ETH?type=spot

Seems like it might be easy to cheese that ratio in trades, it fluctuates by 1% every few hours. There are small buy and sell walls indicating some folks are doing just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

I've purchased Ethereum on Binance. I have a friend telling me to transfer it to Trust Wallet as it will be more 'secure' then. Is there any truth to this, or should I be okay leaving it with Binance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JibJabWibWab

Irish94 wrote: »
    I've purchased Ethereum on Binance. I have a friend telling me to transfer it to Trust Wallet as it will be more 'secure' then. Is there any truth to this, or should I be okay leaving it with Binance?

Trust wallet is buggy. Metamask is a better option, IMO.

Trust wallet is buggy. Metamask is a better option, IMO.

I certainly wouldn't trust Metamask for long term storage of any crypto (unless it's backed up by a hardware wallet). Exodus wallet, Enjin wallet etc would be safer options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭djan

el diablo wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't trust Metamask for long term storage of any crypto (unless it's backed up by a hardware wallet). Exodus wallet, Enjin wallet etc would be safer options.

What's your reason for such?

• Advertisement

djan wrote: »
    What's your reason for such?

Metamask's security is pretty decent but it's only as good as your own online security. I don't really trust any wallets (for long-term storage) that are connected to my browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

My ethereum value is dying right now :( here's hoping it turns around again

Owww we're bleeding.

Stupidly high spike in one month and interference from people with large social media followings convinced me to sell 75% of my eth at $4100. (I plan to buy back in when things calm down)

But there are often bumps on the way to a new ATH, so lets see how this plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

what's the plan on timing the move to proof of stake?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Seurat

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    what's the plan on timing the move to proof of stake?

1559 at very latest before end of August
    The merge at latest end q1 2022 (vitalik said last week q4 20 seems to be what most devs are saying tho)

Fly to live
    Aces high!!!
    🤘

This is absolutely brutal, didn't even sell my trading stack it happened so fast.

Looks like I'll be buying back in faster than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just checked, what the hell happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

fritzelly wrote: »
    Just checked, what the hell happened

CRYPTO happened :pac: Don't worry about it.

Advertisement