Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethereum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Massive wall at $800 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

It's over 800 on coingecko. 792 on gdax and ticking upwards steadily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Found a great hangover cure this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

€700 smashed, Neo broke €70 too. Happy boy

Wow was not expecting that price this morning, will we see 1000 in 2017?

• Advertisement

And the ETH/BTC ratio is still pathetic compared to the way it used to be...

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

After a sluggish couple of weeks could we be about to test $1000? ETH is seeing good gains this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

benjamin d wrote: »
    After a sluggish couple of weeks could we be about to test $1000? ETH is seeing good gains this morning.
    coinciding with a drop in BTC...interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

and back down it goes as BTC soars

• Advertisement

And back up again flirting with ATHs, ETH is the holding Im most relaxed about, Id say we'll see $1000 in Q1.

Sitting around the ATH now. Surprised it doesn't feature in some of the portfolios posted on here. Was one of the more stable coins during the December ups and downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Wombatman wrote: »
    Sitting around the ATH now. Surprised it doesn't feature in some of the portfolios posted on here. Was one of the more stable coins during the December ups and downs.

People using it to fund their alt purchases I imagine. Much higher potential returns available in the alts

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Wombatman wrote: »

I had it for a long time, but sold to get into LTC and then into XRP

I think it will continue to do well, just slower than some of the alts.

Hoo-hoo:

FIixXhN.png

Here comes $1000, already at 1200 in Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Oh Christ, I'm after transferring Ethereum from my GDax account to my Binance account this morning. I've just realised I didn't transfer them to my Binance wallet so I must have given the addresss as Ethereum directly.

Is there any way to retrieve these does anyone know..? The address seems to be the same as a previous transfer I did, well the last 5 digits that I recall...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

UsBus wrote: »
    Oh Christ, I'm after transferring Ethereum from my GDax account to my Binance account this morning. I've just realised I didn't transfer them to my Binance wallet so I must have given the addresss as Ethereum directly.

Is there any way to retrieve these does anyone know..? The address seems to be the same as a previous transfer I did, well the last 5 digits that I recall...?

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here? what do you mean given the address as ethereum directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Same as above, not surebwhat you're trying explain, can you give us step by step of what you Did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

i think he is saying he transferred them direct to an ethereum wallet which i assume is his. So what indeed is the problem? apart from an extra fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Up up and away!!!

Blacktie. wrote: »
    I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here? what do you mean given the address as ethereum directly?

Okay, am not sure if I've done it incorrectly as when I logged back into my binance app, I don't see any other way of transferring.

Basically what I have done is:
    - Purchased Ethereum on GDax.
    - Selected withdraw funds to an ethereum address on GDax
    - Opened Biinance app and selected deposit, selected coin ETH and copied the address Binance provided.
    - Typed this into the ETH address box on GDax
    - The coins are gone from my GDax account but there is no record anywhere that I can see. The last time I did this, it took about 20 mins so I was wondering when I didn't see anything for a few hours.

The message on GDax got me thinking where it says be careful not to transfer directly to an exchange contract or funds may be lost...??

So I'm not sure If I've lost the coins now or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Okay, am not sure if I've done it incorrectly as when I logged back into my binance app, I don't see any other way of transferring.

- Opened Biinance app and selected deposit, selected coin ETH and copied the address Binance provided.
    - The coins are gone from my GDax account but there is no record anywhere that I can see. The last time I did this, it took about 20 mins so I was wondering when I didn't see anything for a few hours.

The message on GDax got me thinking where it says be careful not to transfer directly to an exchange contract or funds may be lost...??

Your Binance eth address should not change, so go back in hit deposit again and copy this address into the search window on

https://etherscan.io/

This should show if it is on its way, sounds like you've done everything ok, I tried to open Binance a while ago and it was 404 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Why would you type the address in? This just adds potential for error. Go confirm the address you actually sent tokens to.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Also you can login to coinbase and see the transaction details - gdax transfers the ETH to coinbase first then does the withdrawal from there.

It might still be pending because of network congestion and low gas price that they use.

That's $1000 everywhere now, historic stuff, not so long ago $1000 by 2019 would have been an amazing result. I need to start thinking about an exit plan now or selling half my stack, growth like this has to be unsustainable.

srsly78 wrote: »
    Why would you type the address in? This just adds potential for error. Go confirm the address you actually sent tokens to.

Apologies, I meant to say I pasted it in as I had done it on my phone. Wouldn't dream of typing a code like that in..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

You should be able to see confirmation of incoming transfers on Binance (I can't remember which tab it is, though). Goes through 30 validation checks before it shows up in your balances.

Cryptowat.ch only showing $988 for me :(

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Apologies, I meant to say I pasted it in as I had done it on my phone. Wouldn't dream of typing a code like that in..

Currently posted on Coinbase:

Transaction Delays
    We are currently working through a backlog of outgoing transactions. Sends may be delayed.

• Advertisement

Your Binance eth address should not change, so go back in hit deposit again and copy this address into the search window on

https://etherscan.io/

This should show if it is on its way, sounds like you've done everything ok, I tried to open Binance a while ago and it was 404 down.

Many thanks for that. That link will be really helpful in future. Looks like I brought Binance down.... :D
    Will check on it again in a while.
    Not life changing sums, but its a lot to me...!

Advertisement