Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethereum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Thargor wrote: »
    That's $1000 everywhere now, historic stuff, not so long ago $1000 by 2019 would have been an amazing result. I need to start thinking about an exit plan now or selling half my stack, growth like this has to be unsustainable.

Not quite there on GDAX yet, still at $994...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah spoke too soon sorry, was looking at a figure for all exchanges that included the crazy Korean prices in the average, looking good though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Actually pissed I only bought one of these @ €83

I suppose 1000 was never going to come that easy, it might take a few attempts, I honestly can't decide what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,236 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

That's $1000 everywhere now, historic stuff, not so long ago $1000 by 2019 would have been an amazing result. I need to start thinking about an exit plan now or selling half my stack, growth like this has to be unsustainable.

Thats what they said about BTC not so long ago...

• Advertisement

Pulling back slightly now, it may not cross the threshold today after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

UsBus wrote: »
    Many thanks for that. That link will be really helpful in future. Looks like I brought Binance down.... :D
    Will check on it again in a while.
    Not life changing sums, but its a lot to me...!

Update - Well its in my coinbase recent activity as Ethereum Sent / Pending so at least its not vanished.. Thanks for all your help.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

UsBus wrote: »
    Update - Well its in my coinbase recent activity as Ethereum Sent / Pending so at least its not vanished.. Thanks for all your help.!

Did you check Etherscan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

it broke $1k but not on some exchanges, regardless an amazing achievement, personally i am convinced it is Eth's year and all related projects will boom. Eos will do well but it is not going to surpass Eth. Anyway, congrats to the Eth holders, only way is up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Did you check Etherscan?

Yes I pasted in the Txhash Id but its not there..?
    It says tranferred Ethereum from GDax is complete in recent activity
    But Sent Ethereum is saying Pending..? Am lost now...!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

it broke $1k but not on some exchanges, regardless an amazing achievement, personally i am convinced it is Eth's year and all related projects will boom. Eos will do well but it is not going to surpass Eth. Anyway, congrats to the Eth holders, only way is up :)

I only have a couple of Eth left due to using up my stack on alts & and an ICO recently.

Actually used some ETH to buy a bunch of EOS a few days ago, it may or may not surpass Eth, but I reckon its price is likely to multiply faster than something that's at a grand. (although maybe 2018 will be for Eth what 2017 was for Btc, who knows? ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Ethlend looks like a good coin, similar to Salt, took out a position on it. Also added to my Salt pile too.

Anybody research these 2? Interested to know opinions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

so I have coinbase account and wallet with predominantly Ether a bit of bitcoin and some litecoin.

Whats the best option for consolidating all this to Ether and avoiding fee's through coinbase.

Bar taking a punt through Coinbase i know little about wallets or the likes.

eoinf wrote: »
    so I have coinbase account and wallet with predominantly Ether a bit of bitcoin and some litecoin.

Whats the best option for consolidating all this to Ether and avoiding fee's through coinbase.

Bar taking a punt through Coinbase i know little about wallets or the likes.

Use your coinbase details to log in to GDAX and send them over there (free and instant) then buy your ETH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

benjamin d wrote: »
    Use your coinbase details to log in to GDAX and send them over there (free and instant) then buy your ETH

excuse my ignorance.

How does one send????

eoinf wrote: »
    excuse my ignorance.

How does one send????

You can deposit to your GDAX account directly from your coinbase balance, it's in the deposit tab on GDAX.

Cooling off a bit now, it was a bit of a mad run since new years.

There we go, next stop 2 grand :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

$1000 broken. Getting close to €900. Hopefully both gain support and hold.

€900 just broken on Coinbase.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

€900 just broken on Coinbase.

Had dipped back to €880 but back to €903 now, up 48% from new years which is pretty impressive.

Still going, trading at $1500 in Korea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭mulbot

Quick question people,tried buy on Coinbase today a few times,transactions were cancelled with an email saying my bank had cancelled them yet when i rang the bank they said they didn't cancel and there was no request for payments? Any ideas what I can do or to what's going on.Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

Still going, trading at $1500 in Korea.
    Why are prices different in the Korean exchanges? Why aren't these arbitraged away?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PotatoSpud

ethereum taking sudden large rises just means I've to race to change all my open orders. Saw the price rise just there after a day away from the computer and was flooded with panic that I may have just bought $100 of FUN or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

One thing I'll say in Eth's favour -- anyone holding Eth sleeps soundly at night! :)
    Same thing can't be said for may other crypto's what with the volatility and the sharp and sudden rises/falls.

One thing I'll say in Eth's favour -- anyone holding Eth sleeps soundly at night! :)
    Well, until the whole crypto thing crashes and burns like every bubble before it...

This is starting to feel like right before BTC started smashing through milestones every day/week.

Anthracite wrote: »
    Why are prices different in the Korean exchanges? Why aren't these arbitraged away?
    A possible answer to my own question: money laundering laws in Korea.

https://medium.com/cryptonight/investigating-the-great-korean-bitcoin-arbitrage-opportunity-32e4e547a730

• Advertisement

Looks like another night of refreshing the page ahead, it's not slowing down.

Advertisement