Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone upgrade issue with Eir. When an existing customer isn't an existing customer!

Options
  • 12-10-2017 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Rather disappointed with the Eir website. I am out of contract with Eir this month so I was looking around for the best deal (I always check ALL phone networks when I finish a contract) and I thought I had found a great deal if I upgraded my existing contract with Eir. The website took my mobile number and said I was eligible for upgrade. It then asked me if I was a broadband or phone customer.....naturally I said yes because my mobile phone is with Eir and then it presented me with the prices which I was very happy to choose from and then renew my contract today.[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I am a bit put out to find that actually those prices are not eligible for me because the question is ACTUALLY asking if I am a broadband or *home* phone customer. This is at best confusing as it simply asks if I am a phone customer....which I am........I don't have a physical landline in my apartment so a *home* phone account is not an option for me.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]So, even though I am an existing customer, Eir are presenting me with the same prices as if I am a new customer and are charging me more. This no longer the best deal out there and I have to go back and research the options available again with different (more expensive) pricing for the Eir option.[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 nicolac

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] To make matters even worse, it labels the two options as either bill pay plans for new eir mobile customers and bill pay plans for an upgrade which would suggest that as I'm looking to renew my contract under upgrade, I should be entitled to the cheaper plans. However, it turns out that the bill pay plans for an upgrade are ACTUALLY only available to people with a broadband or landline. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] I am very obviously an existing customer and should be allowed the bill pay plans for an upgrade as the website advertises. At the very least, the website wording needs to be changed.....if one was to take a serious view of this, it is reportable to the regulator because Eir are not following through with a deal that is being advertised to existing customers. They are literally labelled as EITHER bill pay plans for an upgrade OR bill pay plans for new customers so why can I not have the advertised plans for an upgrade as I am not a new customer?????[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

I had a similar problem . Being ex meteor and now eir.
    I got a phone call advising me of a cheaper price and more data for my existing package.
    As I was overseas, I opted to wait until my return to check on line.
    Like you, when I checked on line, I was being given the dearer package (25 for 6 months and then 30) instead of 25 always.
    I asked for a call back and, was assured I would be given the cheaper plan.
    However I will keep an eye on it and in 6 months time if it increases , I'm off.

My advise to you is look for a callback and speak to a human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

nicolac wrote: »
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] To make matters even worse, it labels the two options as either bill pay plans for new eir mobile customers and bill pay plans for an upgrade which would suggest that as I'm looking to renew my contract under upgrade, I should be entitled to the cheaper plans. However, it turns out that the bill pay plans for an upgrade are ACTUALLY only available to people with a broadband or landline. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] I am very obviously an existing customer and should be allowed the bill pay plans for an upgrade as the website advertises. At the very least, the website wording needs to be changed.....if one was to take a serious view of this, it is reportable to the regulator because Eir are not following through with a deal that is being advertised to existing customers. They are literally labelled as EITHER bill pay plans for an upgrade OR bill pay plans for new customers so why can I not have the advertised plans for an upgrade as I am not a new customer?????[/font]
    Hi nicolac,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear fo the difficulties you're having upgrading your phone. I'm afraid that it's not currently possible to upgrade your phone online, you would need to give us a ring on 1901 or pop into an eir store to arrange this. You can view more on this here: http://support.eir.ie/mobile/upgrade. A member of our loyalty team will be able to go through all of the plans that are available to you over the phone or in store.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi nicolac,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear fo the difficulties you're having upgrading your phone. I'm afraid that it's not currently possible to upgrade your phone online, you would need to give us a ring on 1901 or pop into an eir store to arrange this. You can view more on this here: http://support.eir.ie/mobile/upgrade. A member of our loyalty team will be able to go through all of the plans that are available to you over the phone or in store.

- Adam
    Will I be offered the deal labelled as bill pay upgrade for existing customers or will I be told they are not available to me because I am not a broadband/landline customer? Also including the e20 off for the first 6 months as shown on the website for those plans?

I thought people might be fascinated to know that some of the wording has changed on the Eir website (good thing I have screenshots from yesterday eh? :) ).  However, not all of it has changed and it could stand to be changed further. 

My previous reply to eir:Adam still stands though, if I speak to the loyalty team as you are suggesting, Will I be offered the deal labelled as bill pay upgrade for existing customers or will I be told they are not available to me because I am not a broadband/landline customer? Also including the e20 off for the first 6 months as shown on the website for those plans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi nicolac,

- Adam
    Will I be offered the deal labelled as bill pay upgrade for existing customers or will I be told they are not available to me because I am not a broadband/landline customer?  Also including the e20 off for the first 6 months as shown on the website for those plans?
    I wouldn't be able to advise on this form here I'm afraid. Our loyalty team will be able to go through everything that is available to you as an existing customer.

- Adam

Advertisement