Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legoland Easter 2018 ????

Options
  • 12-10-2017 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi
    Am researching a possible trip to Legoland next spring.

Our school gets holidays on Friday March 23, so thinking of heading over to Legoland the Sunday 25/Monday 26 March ?

Will the UK schools also be on holiday at this time or are they still in school ? Are weekends manic and should we go on a Monday/Tuesday in the hope that its quieter ?

The lego hotel with 2 days passes is £335 for family of four for one night B&B, does anyone know what the hotel is like ? is it worth it ?

We will prob take the ferry and maybe spend a day or 2 in the area and do a day trip into London if we can find reasonable hotels.

Any advice appreciated and also any other kids entertainment in the area worth a look while we are there, Thanks :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi

I’ve been there twice around that time of year, and yes the weekends are busy. The real thing, in my experience, is that the weather is a double edged sword - if it’s good it will be busy!

We stayed in the Lego hotel both times, the real advantage in our eyes was the early access to the park - not just because you’re in early, but also you’re entering from the opposite end of the park from everyone else, so the rides near the hotel typically have shorter queues very early as a result.

Our advice, would be use the first day to look around, take in the less busy rides and the displays. Then have a list of what of the busier rides you want to do on the second day and hit them early.

Now, probably the less positive, my kids loved it (12 & 8 on the last visit), but it’s not so awesome as an adult. Some parts feel run down, and it can feel like a cash extraction exercise at times. But it’s still an impressive place, but you have to remember as an adult your primary role is as an ATM! The food is average at best, but not priced that way, etc....

Not sure about nearby attractions, we went to Harry Potter studios the last time, an hour away if traffic is light on the M25, but that’s a rare event - so probably more like 2 hours!

Enjoy your trip!

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

We're looking at this also. Does anyone know if you buy single day tickets, do they give you a voucher on the way out to come back the next day for half price, or anything similar? Most theme parks I've been to do this!

Thanks

Advertisement