Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TLC (Raw PPV) Thread

Options
  • 12-10-2017 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭

TLC-2017-The-Shield-vs.-Braun-Strowman-The-Miz-Cesaro-Sheamus-TLC-Match.jpg

Sunday 22nd October from Minneapolis

No Brock in his hometown

Confirmed:

The Shield v Miz, Sheamus, Cesaro & Braun Strowman

Asuka v Emma

Alexa Bliss (c) v Mickie James

Kalisto (c) v Enzo Amore

Probably:

Bray v Finn Part 1000

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

paulie21 wrote: »

Probably:

Bray v Finn Part 1000

Nah. It'll be Sister Abigail vs Finn. Though does that make it intergender?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A PPV without the Universal Champion?

An Asuka squash match?

A 100% guaranteed Alexa win?

Kalisto vs Enzo?

Bray (in drag?) vs Finn for the 9th time?

Shield vs MizBar would want to be 10 stars to save this shítshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nah. It'll be Sister Abigail vs Finn. Though does that make it intergender?

Unless the Demon has a female side as well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Even with Rollins, Ambrose & Reigns temporarily back together, anticipation/excitement for this is low/near non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If it's a TLC match is it for the IC title or what? It's 3v4 how will shield ever overcome those stacked odds.........

Sooner this holding pattern ends and Rumble comes around there might be some excitement in WWE

Imagine the buyrate a PPV like this would get, I'm just glad I get onto the somalians for my ppvs now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If it's a TLC match is it for the IC title or what? It's 3v4 how will shield ever overcome those stacked odds.........

Sooner this holding pattern ends and Rumble comes around there might be some excitement in WWE

Imagine the buyrate a PPV like this would get, I'm just glad I get onto the somalians for my ppvs now

No title on the line, the TLC ruling just means it’s legal to use tables ladders and chairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Loughc wrote: »
    No title on the line, the TLC ruling just means it’s legal to use tables ladders and chairs.

So just a no DQ match really.

That's just it. TLC matches have always been decided by grabbing something above the ring

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That's just it. TLC matches have always been decided by grabbing something above the ring

Shield v Team Hell No and Ryback

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There's something bout the main event that just isn't sitting right with me. Maybe it's that The Shield are too OP but at the same time, I've seen Brawn dismantle the individuals, and The Bar have also traded wins with Ambrose/Rollins too. Don't know. Just something that feels off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So the 30 day title defence rule does not apply to Lesnar as champ :rolleyes:

I hope Lesnar shows up and destroys all in the main event or Reigns turns heel and joins Miztourage

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So the 30 day title defence rule does not apply to Lesnar as champ :rolleyes:

I hope Lesnar shows up and destroys all in the main event or Reigns turns heel and joins Miztourage

The eventual Shield implosion has to be a heel turn by one of the other guys this time, and a heel turn by Ambrose wouldn't be the worse thing for him

I think Reigns is the only one to not have a singles heel run. Sadly it'll probably stay that way

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

I'm very excited for the main event of this. I've been enjoying Raw lately and thought the reuniting of the Shield was really well done. I'm also looking forward to the women's title match, it's good to see James getting something to do. I don't mind that it's just a placeholder title defence, it's something different to seeing Sasha/Bayley/Jax involved. I'd like to see Asuka/Emma have a similar match to the one they had in London, but it'll probably be a fairly straighforward squash.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would it not have made sense for Brock too appear at TLC to answer Mahals Challenge instead of Raw the next night ???

Very meh PPV tbh but will stay up for it, with all the odds stacked against them the Shield are winning with Reigns coming out the hero. This demon vs Sister Abigail match could be in the same terrible league as the house of horrors match.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's a Raw PPV and Mahal won't be at it

They can do cross brand matches at the Big 4 ppvs including Survivor Series

Just realised how bad this TLC PPV is. No individual Tables, Ladders or Chairs match. I was thinking the women's title match would be made a chairs match after what's been happening lately but then remember Natrtie and Charlotte were on SD.
    The only gimmick match is the main event. Like is the Bray/Finn match no DQ at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the main event match The Shield v Miz, Sheamus, Cesaro, Kane and Braun Strowman a TLC match?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is the main event match The Shield v Miz, Sheamus, Cesaro, Kane and Braun Strowman a TLC match?

Yeap

That seems to be decided by pinfall or submission. I really don't think they thought this PPV through. I know other gimmick PPVs have only had a single match using the gimmick like Elimination Chamber and Hell in a Cell, but I look at them as a bigger deal

• Advertisement

Awesome. They're so pressed for time that Drew Gulak present a Powerpoint presentation at the pre show

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwetlc/2017/drew-gulak-powerpoint-presentation?sf122968993=1

WWE have two heavyweight matches (one of which probably won't happen if Bray is still sick), THREE women's matches (though I think we can all agree Sasha vs Fox is must-see) and two cruiserweight matches...

The main event will need to go an hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Best match Ryback is ever going to be in, although I bet he acts like he carried it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lads what in the hell is going on

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/921461747130740736

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Its True

Kurt is going to wrestle at TLC. Replacing Roman Reigns!

Bray is out and replaced by AJ Styles.

TLC is now must watch

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

What’s wrong with Reigns?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

DM_7 wrote: »
    Its True

Kurt is going to wrestle at TLC. Replacing Roman Reigns!

Bray is out and replaced by AJ Styles.

TLC is now must watch

Yep. If I didn't already have a WWE network subscription I'd be telling WWE to take my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

paulie21 wrote: »
    What’s wrong with Reigns?

Another failed drugs test?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Another failed drugs test?

Well it appears three WWE talents have viral meningitis and I don't know how contagious it is or isn't.

What a waste of Angles return in a throwaway match and PPV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Hope bray,bo,roman and jojo are ok thats a scary disease

Advertisement