Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TLC (Raw PPV) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

DM_7 wrote: »
    Its True

It's damn true ;) sorry couldn't resist it
    TLC just went from a ****ty PPV I couldn't care less about to damn I need to see it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What a waste of Angles return in a throwaway match and PPV

4/10

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    Hope bray,bo,roman and jojo are ok thats a scary disease

Is viral meningitis contagious ? I ask that because well Seth and dean have been in close quarters with Roman recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JoJo doesn't have meningitis

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/892891-jojo-offermans-mother-shoots-down-reports-of-daughters-wwe-status-bray-wyatt-bo-dallas-update

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

DM_7 wrote: »
    4/10

I don't want to be one of those guys always complaining but Angle is one of the GOATs, and his return in ring for WWE after 11 years in this match is a waste it should've been in an actual 1v1 mega match or even against Jason Jordan to try and make something of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finn must delighted, an abrupt end to the Wyatt crap hopefully. Him and AJ should be great.

Kurt's in-ring return isn't ideal storyline-wise but it's an opportunity to see how he is, got rid of some rust for something bigger down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »

JoJo doesn't have meningitis

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/892891-jojo-offermans-mother-shoots-down-reports-of-daughters-wwe-status-bray-wyatt-bo-dallas-update
    She and bray have been kept at home as a precaution it says so I wonder if Roman is the same as them or he actually has the same as Bo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Have been waiting years for angles return so am delighted with this and it just starts a proper big build to wrestlemania.also delighted to see finn and aj hopefully both will finally show us what the hype was all about in a wwe ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I know it might be put of no were but kurt and finn vs aj has everyone talking and i know ill sure as hell be staying up now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well im delighted to see Kurt back in the ring but its a shame its without a build, this should have been a rumble or mania match with a slow build up against Styles or Samoa Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jesus that's awesome

Yeah it's a waste of kurt but I cannot wait

And Styles vs Finn? Oh my god, that will be incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Bray/Bo/JoJo I can understand since all are close, but Roman?

And surely a TLC match isn't the best match for Angle to return in. Would be like Bryan's sudden inring return being in something similar. Would think they would ease them back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I saw Angle's name was trending big on Twitter and I feared the worst.

This PPV has suddenly gone from missable to unmissable. I don't have the Network but I'm tempted to get it to see Angle return to a WWE ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Bray/Bo/JoJo I can understand since all are close, but Roman?

And surely a TLC match isn't the best match for Angle to return in. Would be like Bryan's sudden inring return being in something similar. Would think they would ease them back in.

He'll probably be pretty protected.

(Watch him do a moonsault off the ladder now)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Well im delighted to see Kurt back in the ring but its a shame its without a build, this should have been a rumble or mania match with a slow build up against Styles or Samoa Joe.

https://twitter.com/tholzerman/status/921462907870896128

Nail. Meets. Head.

No build for AJ v Finn also.
    It definitely increases interest for the PPV, but its proof they don't really have enough guys made isn't it? If Kurt had said no, who would have been next in line? Matt or Jordan? Not much momentum either those guys have either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I saw Angle's name was trending big on Twitter and I feared the worst.

This PPV has suddenly gone from missable to unmissable. I don't have the Network but I'm tempted to get it to see Angle return to a WWE ring.

I'm still of the belief that the 'E are trolling us

Necrominus wrote: »

It would be the ultimate case of hopes raised high, only to cruelly dash them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Necrominus wrote: »

Kurt's music plays and then Dolph comes out. :pac:

Kurt's music plays and then Dolph comes out. :pac:

Would Vince be THAT crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    It definitely increases interest for the PPV, but its proof they don't really have enough guys made isn't it? If Kurt had said no, who would have been next in line? Matt or Jordan? Not much momentum either those guys have either.

Yep. And the fact they have to go to Smackdown to get an opponent for Finn. Could've gone with someone like Elias and get the Club involved somehow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I've wanted AJ v Finn since AJ debuted at the Rumble. But for me it was in a Mania match with a multi month build, based around their shared association with the Bullet Club. Having the match match at a B grade PPV with no bike whatsoever is a shame. I hope it's a cracker though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Maybe Bray is that committed to his new role he's taken time off for gender reassignment surgery :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Necrominus wrote:
    Maybe Bray is that committed to his new role he's taken time off for gender reassignment surgery

I am awful but I wanted to see how bad that match would be.
    A waste of Angle's debut but even if they built it they'd highly likely f**k it up anyway.
    With all these things happening with walkouts, etc. Something weird is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

WTF???

Im so confused

I imagine the Styles thing is one night only and he is remaining on SD and we have too wait til Survivor Series too see The Shield fully reform ???

Still seeing Kurt back in the ring will be cool. Why oh why didn't they just announce they Reigns will be out and Rollins/Ambrose will announce his replacement on Sunday and out of know where angles music's hits (bacisally keep the Angle return a secret)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I want Kurt to walk out through the crowd in a flak jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Clegg wrote: »
    I want Kurt to walk out through the crowd in a flak jacket.

With a Cher wig :P We have had SexyKurt so why not Shield(Reigns)Kurt

What happening now with Kurt's son Jason?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

PTH2009 wrote: »
    WTF???

Still seeing Kurt back in the ring will be cool. Why oh why didn't they just announce they Reigns will be out and Rollins/Ambrose will announce his replacement on Sunday and out of know where angles music's hits (bacisally keep the Angle return a secret)

Be great for the live crowd that, but announcing he is returning now should add a few extra PPV buys. The only selling point for many was The Shield reunion and most would just assume its someone like Jason or Matt replacing him who neither are that hot right now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ERG89 wrote: »
    I am awful but I wanted to see how bad that match would be.

The match itself probably would have been fine. Bray can do good matches, and everyone knows how talented Devitt is in the ring. It's the stupid gimmicky stuff that's the problem there.

I wonder if kids even buy into it, the way we might have done with Kane or some of the Ministry stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

One thing if Reigns and Wyatt are unable too travel for the Euro tour on Nov 1st I hope they don't steal Styles away from our Dublin SD line-up

Still I can see maybe Angle being on the Raw euro tour now and that be cool too see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

What would you all think if Angle puts in his "son" instead of himself!

I could see this actually happening

Advertisement