Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TLC (Raw PPV) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

What would you all think if Angle puts in his "son" instead of himself!

I could see this actually happening

Its feasible, but the crowd would absolutely kill Jordan though. I don't think they have anyone they could replace Angle in such a scenario that would not infuriate the crowd, AJ would the obvious choice, but busy.

Also Daniel Bryan not impressed.

https://twitter.com/WWEDanielBryan/status/921509111140716545

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Finn vs AJ might benefit wildly from not having a story weighing them down. They won't have to have muhpch instructions beyond "go have an awesome match". No gimmicks, no stupidity. Just two guys going to put on a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Its feasible, but the crowd would absolutely kill Jordan though. I don't think they have anyone they could replace Angle in such a scenario that would not infuriate the crowd, AJ would the obvious choice, but busy.

Also Daniel Bryan not impressed.

https://twitter.com/WWEDanielBryan/status/921509111140716545

I think Bryan is just trolling with all these hints he keeps throwing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who wins? It's Raw vs SD so Finn probably win.

I assume Bryan's reaction is to them using AJ. But like to think he's thinking if Angle can get back in the ring then so can he

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Already a better build up than bray/finn

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/921523637508886528

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Styles vs Finn is mania worthy and I'm so hyped for it (the munchies will take extra sweet watching this match)

Have a feeling ****ing Jinder and his mates will run in and attack Styles and ruin the whole bloody thing

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Styles vs Finn is mania worthy and I'm so hyped for it (the munchies will take extra sweet watching this match)

Have a feeling ****ing Jinder and his mates will run in and attack Styles and ruin the whole bloody thing
    Or tge good brothers will get involved

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

They put on a 20m clinic but before it can finish (so we don't get a proper conclusion and will want it repeated on a grander stage) and after Finn has been downed by a flying forearm or something Jinder and co interfere and beat down on AJ. However the good brothers Gallows and Anderson then charge down to make the save with the commentators highlighting their association with AJ. When Finn gets back to his feet he is in the middle of a 3on3 face off. Finn's opponent on one side and his (AJs) attackers on the other but before Cole and co have a chance to really speculate what he'll do he too sweets AJ and the 4 man club send those NERDS packing back to SD where AJ will have to deal with the fallout in a now improved storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

Not happy about Angle returning this way.

It's a dangerous match and I'm gonna cringe watching him take ladder and table bumps.

Would have much preferred if he was returning at Wrestlemania with a proper storyline we could all invest in.

This PPV has been a mess for a while, the the main event consistently changing from the Miztourage to the Bar, to Strownman and Kane. We have a ridiculous situation of Kane in this match now for no reason.

The biggest irony is Reigns would have received one of his best pops in a while when the Shield coming out together. So will Ambrose and Rollins come out with their own music now since that's what they have been doing before Reigns.

Yes it's great Finn vs Styles is happening but again it should be Wrestlemania with a proper build. Imagine the build it could have gotten with the whole Balor invented the Bullet Club and Styles replacing him etc.

This B PPV has been such a clusterfu*k. And of course the Universial Champion will be sitting at home probably not even watching it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

22549617_1337777773018276_7956508175324684174_n.jpg?oh=a09b2ad0f9e86fb839a3c5267a903368&oe=5A8251D0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's crazy to think that WWE could fix everything so easily, just like they did here by changing out two people.

Guys were going too be disappointed in the Styles vs Finn match and there may be no gallows/Anderson interference

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Guys were going too be disappointed in the Styles vs Finn match and there may be no gallows/Anderson interference

I honestly don't think there will be (although I do fear that Mahal might ruin a potentially great match by showing up even if he's a SD guy) but if you look at the card they are likely to give them plenty of time. Isn't it the only singles non CW match?

They have 3 womens matches one of which is Asuka's debut which I doubt will go long and another is on the pre show. 2 CW matches one of which has Enzo in it so I doubt will go super long and the other being a non Enzo CW match so probably won't go too long if the WWE don't want the audience to switch off as they do for non Enzo CW stuff on Raw.

The only other match on the card is the big tag main event match which will no doubt go long but surely they will expect AJ & Finn to also be a long one.

I'm guessing they will get more than 20 mins anyway and no matter what they do with people like Finn storyline wise if they put him in a ring with a wrestler of AJs caliber and give them that much time they are more than capable of delivering. I would say stealing the show but the main event does have Angle's return, tables ladders and chairs and Braun Strowman so will no doubt be loads of fun no matter what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

If they are allowed to do what they can it could be a WWE MOTY candidate.

Looking at the 2w big matches id be expecting around the 30 minutes for them as bounty said the other matches dont look like theyll be long unless they add more matches

SD are in South America right? so no chance of Jinder interfering in the AJ/Finn match right?

The preshow could actually be interesting now as well.
    Maybe Finn won't have to wrestle as a pumpkin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Damn you wwe, Im going to get the Network back in for Kurts return, even though i expect he'll be well protected, it'll be great to see him back in the ring again

As awesome as it is to see Kurt back, I don't buy that the trio can beat the five pack any more.

Tbh, I'd be looking to add Jason Jordan to the match sometime on the show.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As awesome as it is to see Kurt back, I don't buy that the trio can beat the five pack any more.

Tbh, I'd be looking to add Jason Jordan to the match sometime on the show.

Originally I was thinking that the 5 would win and maybe it would lead to a survivor series 5 on 5 or something similar but Angle's return match might just end with Kurt tapping someone out in the middle of the ring like The Miz for example and then the storyline gripe for the Heels going forward (which would suit Miz in the same way he feuded with Bryan on SD) would be that Kurt as the GM should not have gotten involved anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Daniel Bryan to interfere to set up a wrestlemania match

I can dream right

If trips is wrestling tonight in chile does that mean theres no one there to talk vince out of stupid rash changing of his mind

sky88 wrote: »
    If trips is wrestling tonight in chile does that mean theres no one there to talk vince out of stupid rash changing of his mind

Shane and Steph prob there too

sky88 wrote: »

Asuka to lose on her debut :D

I wonder if they'll address the entire motivation for Kane to be in this match is at home sick...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is this a 1am start time or has the hour changed in the States yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll address the entire motivation for Kane to be in this match is at home sick...

He has a long history with the group and with Rollins so they can get around it. Can reveal more when Reigns is back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Is this a 1am start time or has the hour changed in the States yet?
    Still 1am. Ours change next weekend, and the US changes the week after

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Virtanen wrote: »
    Still 1am. Ours change next weekend, and the US changes the week after

Cheers I wasn't sure if they changed before us or after.

• Advertisement

Are we asking for too much, hoping they drop the Bray/Finn feud now?

Advertisement