Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TLC (Raw PPV) Thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

God that match was way too long, overbooked crap.

It was a 5-on-3 TLC match. What exactly were you expecting?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

God that match was way too long, overbooked crap.
    "I'm just going to state something, use buzz words and give absolutely no reasons!". Like, each to their own but I have no idea how you saw that as crap like.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I enjoyed it. The main event was chaotic and insane but it looks like everyone survived okay and it was great to see Angle doing the German suplexes and his other signature moves. I think my favourite moment was when he came out again and did the Angle Slam to Cesaro through the table, and then had that look on his face of "now you're in deep sh*t." That bit reminded me of Stone Cold's return at Backlash 2000 when he beat up the stooges on the ramp.

I don't know about anyone else but I was terrified every time Kurt took a bump. When he went through the table after Braun's powerslam I was legit scared he was hurt. I was also concerned Rollins might be hurt when he clutched his knee after he did the frog splash from the ladder.

I thought Finn vs AJ was very good too. You got the sense they could have gone up another level if this were a big Mania match for example, and I think it's right that they left people wanting more. I'd love to see them lock up again at Survivor Series and maybe have AJ win that one and then perhaps have the rubber match at Mania where they can pull out all the stops.

Asuka's debut was fun too. It went longer than I thought and Emma got more offence than I expected, but it was good.

I thought the rest of the show was fine. All in all, I'm glad I stayed up for it, even though I will likely pay for it tomorrow. It was all worth it for me to see one of my favourites Kurt Angle in a WWE ring again. Hopefully he isn't feeling any ill effects and maybe we can get another match down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It was about 300 hours long. A garbage truck? It absolutely bored the hell out of me from when Angle was gone until he came back. I didn't enjoy it, am I not allowed to have an opinion?

It was about 300 hours long. A garbage truck? It absolutely bored the hell out of me from when Angle was gone until he came back. I didn't enjoy it, am I not allowed to have an opinion?
    No, you absolutely are allowed have an opinion. But if you expected a 5-on-3 TLC match to be some wrestling masterpiece or to not go on over the 30 minute mark, I don't know why you watched it. Sure, it wasn't top-quality but I don't think anyone expected it to be. I expected it to be carnage and it was.

Also, just saying that something is long and overbooked or that it's crap without explaining why doesn't really say much. Like, it's cool not to like it but if you are going to state it is overbooked crap, you need more than just saying that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

You're the most negative person, you know that?

I was expecting it to be great actually, those multi man ppv main events usually are great, this wasn't though.

Aj/Finn was excellent, Asaka debut was good, she could be great if they don't 50/50 her on booking and the Cruiser tag was decent

Not budging on that main though, a long meandering mess.

Me_Grapes wrote: »
    You're the most negative person, you know that?

Good night.

I was expecting it to be great actually, those multi man ppv main events usually are great, this wasn't though.

Aj/Finn was excellent, Asaka debut was good, she could be great if they don't 50/50 her on booking and the Cruiser tag was decent

Not budging on that main though, a long meandering mess.
    If you weren't expecting it to be great, why watch it? That makes no sense to me? Like, I get wanting to see AJ vs Balor, and, as someone said, they were only at about 75% and it was still a great match.

But I fully disagree it was a long meandering mess. I don't think you understand story-telling in wrestling to be honest. It dragged for maybe like 3 minutes in the middle but it had a great comeback story for Angle, set up a rivalry, had Miz dump a teammate in the truck because he cared about the win, had The Shield look like champs and brothers, had Angle look like a beast, was on the brutal side. I thought it was a very good TLC match. Again, not great and AJ/Balor was far and away match of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Was cool seeing finn in the red and black and aj in blue and white, smackdown v raw, was a cool little nuance!

I get what jericohlic is saying, although I enjoyed the main event, when angle.went out and the garbage truck cane in the match when into a bit of a lul however it was good story telling, the braun and kane angle was done well, and it did build anticipation for.angles return, calling it crap is harsh though.

Asuka was cool, the whole.match I was dying to see her go mad and throw down, but emma came.out looking good, I guess thats the fundamentals of a wrestling match, asuka shined, emma got heat, asuka came back!

Cruizer tag team was good, cedric and rich would be a nice edition to a tag roster.

Rest of.the matches were grand!

First night staying up for a ppv in awhile and im glad it was this one!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Main event was bizarre, great and horrible in ways. Gif fest, well placed moments, overthought moments but well worth the watch and time.

Ambrose, as Shield Ambrose is best Ambrose.

Styles and Finn was a food bout, look forward to them down the road with a defined heel and face dynamic, that would raise it up another level.

I started watching late so skipped through the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I dont know any results but i just seen a pic of Kurt walking through the crowd, and it looks like he's dressed up in shield gear, its a good job i have'nt got the network back in yet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thought Kurt looked good, for the little that he did. The trio of Germans made me smile and the Angle Slam through the table was perfect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Have to re-watch AJ vs Finn later (Network was bloody awful for me during it, freezing almost constantly), and have yet to see the main event.

From what I saw of the show, I was surprised Asuka vs Emma was so even, but I have no issues with that cause it at least makes Emma look good too, while the streak goes on.
    Enjoyed the CW tag, Cedric and Swann can do some seriously impressive moves, while I generally enjoy Gallagher.
    Bliss vs Mickie was fine, it was the result I expected.
    CW title match was bad. Enzo is pretty **** in the ring, and annoying the ****e out of everyone by talking doesn't help.
    I loved what I could see of Finn vs AJ, really looking forward to properly getting to watch later on.

Edit: Oh, and credit where it is due. WWE had two matches change last minute, and damn it they did a good job in covering.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

AJ vs Finn did more for Finn in three days than the writing has done for him for 9 months. He looked on the same level as AJ, and he should be booked identically on Raw as AJ is on Smackdown.

I enjoyed the TLC. Felt it was a lot of fun, a lot of moments that made me smile.

I wonder how much of the Shield gear was protecting Angle from the fact he's probably not in the best physical shape (in fairness, due to his age and the fact he only had two days to prepare).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Nit pick -

Was annoyed to see the Demon at the start but as he is unbeaten on main roster with the paint it eventually made sense. It is rare that something like paint can protect someone when they lose!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    If you weren't expecting it to be great, why watch it? That makes no sense to me? Like, I get wanting to see AJ vs Balor, and, as someone said, they were only at about 75% and it was still a great match.

But I fully disagree it was a long meandering mess. I don't think you understand story-telling in wrestling to be honest. It dragged for maybe like 3 minutes in the middle but it had a great comeback story for Angle, set up a rivalry, had Miz dump a teammate in the truck because he cared about the win, had The Shield look like champs and brothers, had Angle look like a beast, was on the brutal side. I thought it was a very good TLC match. Again, not great and AJ/Balor was far and away match of the night.

I said I was expecting it to be great. If you aren't going to read a post, why comment on it? It makes no sense to me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

22730430_1339842072811846_8834768437699302199_n.jpg?oh=f3cd14854aebe1e9d8d5c0e21368f563&oe=5AAE4158

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Just after watching the main event there and it was good fun.

Seeing Angle return at the end and clean house was great nostalgia and such a great redemption story for Kurt. Was great to see.

And its mad but i am actually looking forward to the Strowman vs Kane feud :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The main event was always going to be a mess considering it was 8 main eventers in a TLC match but still we got Kurt Angle in full Shield gear Olympic slamming people through tables :D

Strowman can now put Kane back on the shelf till his Mayoral campaign is over

Asuka vs Emma was a very good match I thought. Some where a bit surprised Asuka didn't just squash Emma but that imo is the kinda match they should have more and both women came out of it looking good.

Finn vs AJ was really good and could have been great. It felt a little was held back, but the Too Sweet at the end was a really nice moment.

The rest meh I didn't care about even if I called a lot of it like Enzo regaining his gold or Bliss retaining... starting to like Elias more even though I don't think he is amazing in the ring, having said that I think most think the opposite about his opponent good in the ring but starting to sour on him (Jordan).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Only catching up now

Loved the Styles vs Finn match and really hope they fight again soon

Brillent seeing Angle in the ring again and think he has a few short matches still in him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Just caught up tonight and the figure they gave for Kane's PPV match appearances is astounding.
    (177 I Think)

Serious achievement in longevity and consistency.

Hope he hangs round until the Rumble or goes away and comes back to add to his Rumble eliminations.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Got to See Kurt Angle wrestle Cesaro. Was not expecting that a few days ago so happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They did well considering the short time to prepare as was evident from Dean/Seth advising Kurt what to do at times. I know it was a way to get him out for a break, but the fact they trusted Strowman to slam him through the table safely shows they have faith in Strowman.
    Looking forward to Strowman getting revenge on all 4 team mates. Saw one tweet saying he'll come back as Super Shredder (though now I think of it that was Kevin Nash). Can see him taking out Sheamus, Cesaro and Kane and Miz being the last survivor. And just as he's about to become a victim, Kane comes back to attack Strowman.

Finn/AJ seemed to be making the match up as they went along in parts. I'd say that's their indie experience. Like before the Surfboard submission you saw AJ indicating to grab his leg and all. So being able to put on a great match with little prep time should earn both guys some good will.
    Would've preferred non-demon Finn though. I'd say he had to do it since demonf Finn was expected and fans wanted to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Demon Finn probably had to appear for merch reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

That main event was just heaps of fun. Reminded me of old school wwe, when Angle returned to clean house.

Elias is a masterful heel. He has great timing on the mic, and doesn't let the crowd phase him. The fact he was put out 3 different times to sing his song was a hoot, "hold your applause please!"

Loved Finn / AJ. Felt like the match could have easily gone another 30 mins and I'd still be entirely entertained.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    That main event was just heaps of fun. Reminded me of old school wwe, when Angle returned to clean house.

Elias is a masterful heel. He has great timing on the mic, and doesn't let the crowd phase him. The fact he was put out 3 different times to sing his song was a hoot, "hold your applause please!"

Loved Finn / AJ. Felt like the match could have easily gone another 30 mins and I'd still be entirely entertained.

To be honest, the Elias thing started to wear thin for me rather quickly. Not sure if that's down to him, or just being sick of Jason Jordan though.

Agree about Finn and AJ, I'd happily watch the match go even longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Angron wrote: »
    To be honest, the Elias thing started to wear thin for me rather quickly. Not sure if that's down to him, or just being sick of Jason Jordan though.

Agree about Finn and AJ, I'd happily watch the match go even longer.

For me, Jason Jordan is a void of charisma. What was the idea of him arriving out with a trolly full of vegetables? Made no sense. He needed Chad Gable, and that team was broken up far too soon.

Jordan is missing something. He can go in the ring, but he has some trouble firing up. It's not believable.

I don't think it helps that the "Kurt Angle's son" angle is a bit crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

One thing I fogot to mention was the replays. They went on far too long during matches and this was made even more obvious in the main event when Cole was shouting "What's Kane doing?" while we were still watching the third of 5 or 6 replays. They don't have to show every angle possible.

Advertisement