Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Lights at Shire Building near Dunboyne

Options
  • 12-10-2017 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭

I know that there is a separate thread on Shire jobs which are most welcome but I have to say that the traffic lights there could cause a lot of delays and traffic congestion on the morning and evening rush hour periods.

I am sure that they got planning for this from Meat co. co. but did anyonw think of the existing commuters when they applied for and received this permission?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I get the train from the M3 daily so I pass these lights. To be honest, I find the traffic on this stretch is moving freely enough now.

However, when plant is up and running it’ll be a disaster. I would hope that shift changeovers won’t clash with peak commuting times. I suspect they won’t and then it’ll be a disaster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Anything the CC can do to frustrate people travelling on this road and push them onto the tolled section is fine with them

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

They should at least not be switched on until the plant is up and running or full construction..they were red the other day for no reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

dixiefly wrote:
    I am sure that they got planning for this from Meat co. co. but did anyonw think of the existing commuters when they applied for and received this permission?

I'd bet they did, preference is for toll road and anything that can be done to reduce volume on the old road will be favoured.

Advertisement