Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel quad core i5 or die?

• 13-10-2017 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi! Any helpful advice appreciated. There is an elgato HD60s game capture card on Santas list but we have just realized that our 1 year old laptop doesn't fit systems requirements to run it. We have an Acer Inspire with Intel Celeron CPU N3060 @ 1.60 GHz but Elgato device requires a minimum of 4th Generation quad core Intel i5. Everything else seems ok with the laptop (Ram, graphics card etc). So what do we do? Is it expensive to updrade the CPU? Considering the lap top is only a year old I dont want to have to spend a fortune. But at the same time....Im sure santa wants to see happy faces on Christmas morning....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hi! Any helpful advice appreciated. There is an elgato HD60s game capture card on Santas list but we have just realized that our 1 year old laptop doesn't fit systems requirements to run it. We have an Acer Inspire with Intel Celeron CPU N3060 @ 1.60 GHz but Elgato device requires a minimum of 4th Generation quad core Intel i5. Everything else seems ok with the laptop (Ram, graphics card etc). So what do we do? Is it expensive to updrade the CPU? Considering the lap top is only a year old I dont want to have to spend a fortune. But at the same time....Im sure santa wants to see happy faces on Christmas morning....

You're looking at a new laptop I'm afraid. Laptops have just a few interchangable parts, and the CPU isn't one.

Not what you wanted to hear, I know. I don't know much about those capture cards, but perhaps there's one out there that does more stuff internally, meaning you won't need to upgrade your laptop?

Advertisement