Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N+1 = Full Suss MTB

Options
  • 13-10-2017 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭

Probably a few weeks away from having the cash, but started looking for n+1.

Geometry has definitely moved on since I last dabbled on the trails, but I struggled when I went off the built trails onto the "natural" trails. The reality I don't have the time at the moment to build up my skills on a hardtail, so want to take the easier option of full suss. I just want to head out occasionally with some groups with more confidence on the narlier stuff, even if it is massive overkill on the built trails of ballinastoe...

Currently looking at the Boardman Team FS, or the Bossnut, both seem to have brilliant reviews, in terms of component bang for their buck. Leaning towards the Boardman, as even though it's Halfords, it's still B&M.

Is it worth pushing the budget up to the Boardman Pro, and upgrades to the suspension and 1x drive train? What other equivalent priced bikes should I be looking at. Again, the Boardman Pro appears highly rated in reviews for ride and value for money.

The reality is it will be a couple of times a month at best that I'll hit the trails, so anything spent on an mtb is taking away from the N+2 road bike!

btw I did do a search, but Boardman and FS just brings up a load of Adverts threads!

Comments

Advertisement