Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Director claims there are powerful sexual abusers in Irish media and entertainment

• 13-10-2017 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Warning: Do NOT name anybody personally, accuse individuals or specific organisations, or provide information that could get boards.ie or yourself sued.

Irish filmmaker Lenny Abrahamson has said "powerful abusers" in Ireland will be hoping their colleagues will remain silent as revelations about Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein's sexual harassment of dozens of women continue to emerge.
    "Right now, here in Ireland, there will be powerful abusers relying on the silence of colleagues. Let’s hope their time is up," the Room director said in a string on Tweets posted on Thursday.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-36223082.html

https://twitter.com/lennyabrahamson?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

It wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

I suspect there are known predators and perverts who have been operating in these industries for decades:
    Irish movie industry
    the modelling world/fashion industry
    RTE
    Billy Barry Kids or children's entertainment
    the music industry

Have any of you witnessed or heard of suspect behaviour?

It takes the first drop to develop into a stream.
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not going to behave like one of those twisted hypocrites in Hollywood and play dumb.

Now is the time to ask questions and establish what, if any, abuse is going on...

Again, do NOT name individuals or slander anyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

I've heard of stuff in the Billie Barrys - years back.

Would anyone be surprised? I mean, really?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Thread has been already closed today.

OP - please do not try to open this again, we have discussed via PM already

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement