Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H&M Maternity Clothes

Options
  • 13-10-2017 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi all

I need to update my maternity clothes (2nd pregnancy) with a few bits like new tops and definitely need some new maternity tights

H&M have sale online and I was going to get some bits there but am a bit confused about the sizes. I'm usually a size 16 and would wear Large in things like tops and probably XL in tights-buy my usual work ones in Penneys!

The H&M website say that the size comparison would be 14-16 is a Medium, 18-20 is Large and 22-24 is XLarge. Does anybody know if this is about accurate? I was automatically going to order the Large but don't want the tops to be too baggy on me (Maybe wishful thinking and I'll be lucky to get into them!! :):))

the tights look great too but again don't want them sagging on the knees or ankles etc if they're too big

I don't buy H&M usually so don't really have anything to compare them with

Any tips would be really welcome!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Their mternity tights are very good, the best I've found out there.I'm size 12-14 (closer to a 12, except round the hips!)and I'd usually go for medium in their clothes. The maternity vest tops are brilliant, but err on the big side for those, otherwise their sizes are quite generous.I can't get their trousers right at all mind you, this is only tops, tights and leggings I'm talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭chocfan

Thanks a million-that's really helpful!!

Will have a little browse online there so for my purchasing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

If you don't have slim legs I find H&M horrible in for pants. They are very small and if you have a round hip which I naturally have, you should order at least a size bigger, I have one pair of pants that's even 2 sizes bigger than I usually am. Their leggings are brilliant though and the tops too. In general during pregnancy I got everything a size bigger on the bottom so it's still somewhat comfy when you are on the last stretch.

Advertisement