Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Gold discussion thread

Options
1293031323335»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I am focussing on the current schedule and those names came up against some of the programmes shown on the schedule. According to his Linkedin profile, John Daly has produced programmes for RTE both on radio and television, and I was talking about any connection to "mainstream" RTE. I wasn't looking at former RTE Gold presenters, but Karl was briefly a presenter of some motoring show on RTE television.

Incidentally, I was looking at Karl Tsgdinos's Linkedin page and I don't think he updated it in a while. It still shows him as a presenter on RTE Gold. While I am there, I found a few unrelated errors. It says he started on 4FM in February 2008 - it was actually 2009 (that's when the station started!). His start and end years with Radio Ireland/Today FM should be 1997 to 2003, rather than 1998 to 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ekkinak

I Am The Greatest by A House playing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭RINO87

I ramber Karl Tsigdino's "River of Soul" on Today FM... what a different station it was then! I wonder was he still producing/presenting Drive! On Rte TV at the same time as being on today fm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

2 1990s songs were played on todays "All 80s Saturday" with amanda fennelly they were marc almond "days of pearly spencer" and maura o'connell "summerfly", both from 1992.

Even if the presenter/producer of the show is not familiar with the songs years, with info on songs easily accessible on the web and on playout systems, you would think errors like this would not happen.

I only tuned in twice today for a few minutes and heard these so maybe they are others from other decades ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement