Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smoking on holiday

Options
  • 13-10-2017 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the proper thread. I enjoy smoking. My query is does anyone here know of a hotel in Mayo where they allow you to smoke in the bedroom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Not sure if this is the proper thread. I enjoy smoking. My query is does anyone here know of a hotel in Mayo where they allow you to smoke in the bedroom.

No such think in any Hotel in Ireland I'm afraid. Completely banned.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's not banned by law but I doubt any hotels do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Faith+1 wrote: »
    No such think in any Hotel in Ireland I'm afraid. Completely banned.

Actually Ireland is one of the few countries with a smoking ban that does not ban it in hotel rooms. However, finding a hotel that has smoking rooms now is extremely, extremely rare. The hotel is fully entitled to ban it even if not required to by law.

Back in the mists of time (but well after the ban came in) I stayed in the Welcome Inn in Castlebar in a smoking room but it seems to have closed

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Used this site for a relative some years ago to get a smoking room, it should give a good idea what hotels still have them, I'd call beforehand to verify though.

http://www.smokers-united.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭starlight09

Used this site for a relative some years ago to get a smoking room, it should give a good idea what hotels still have them, I'd call beforehand to verify though.

http://www.smokers-united.com/

Thank you for that, I will check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭OrangeBadger

Booked a room recently in the Wyatt hotel in Westport and i had the option of choosing between a smoking/non smoking room

Booked a room recently in the Wyatt hotel in Westport and i had the option of choosing between a smoking/non smoking room

That's great, thanks for that. Did you book online or over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭OrangeBadger

I booked through booking.com

I booked through booking.com

Yes I know booking.com, thank you for that. I will give it a go.

Advertisement