Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Sure, of course it likely wouldn't have been their idea, but they still made it happen. As opposed to, like, selling the naming rights to Coke or something.

Not showing their faces today makes the idea seem like a hollow PR gesture that would win them kudos with the fans, particularly when they don't show to celebrate with him.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    It is a serious trek to get over to Liverpool from Boston,l.....
    Does look bad.

Boston to Dublin is 6 hrs on an aer lingus flight. If Brazilian footballers can regularly be private jetted from south America to England I imagine Linda & Co can get to Liverpool fairly sharpish if they actually wanted to.

They did regard work getting the thing built, not being at the naming event / unveiling is really daft yet almost typically American.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Augeo wrote: »
    Boston to Dublin is 6 hrs on an aer lingus flight. If Brazilian footballers can regularly be private jetted from south America to England I imagine Linda & Co can get to Liverpool fairly sharpish if they actually wanted to.

They did regard work getting the thing built, not being at the naming event / unveiling is really daft yet almost typically American.

The bit you left out of my quote was the relevant bit though 'on any given day'. It's not massive, but it's not something you can just 'do'. You need 2 to 3 days free to do it really.

But as I said, the weird part was it being scheduled at this time at all. It doesn't matter when it is, just make it a time the owners could be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Such a non-issue, we've enough problems football-wise sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Such a non-issue, we've enough problems football-wise sure.

This. Who gives a sh1t if FSG aren't there. Makes absolutely no difference.

They aren't football people anyway. They wont be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭doc_17

If United beat us today and Spurs beat us next week there'll be plants of people not wanting to ever see them back in Liverpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

" come on the reds" let's do these today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Be interesting to see if form really does go out the window today. I wouldn't be too sure of it myself, Mourinho will know what to do I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It's not quite 95 level nerves, but this feels like a big game. A very important game for us. Everyone is goading Mourinho into proving they are title contenders by killing a wounded animal.

That would be our best chance. I still feel the overcautious hoor will play a safety first game today.

Our can wij Hendo mid was actually starting to work well before Coutinho returned. Maybe they get another stab at it, and Coutinho pushed up top reinvigorates his buddy Firmino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

shamrock55 wrote: »
    " come on the reds" let's do these today

Agreed, I get the sense this could be your year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

3/10. Minimal effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Such a massive game for us today, not so much for United. Of course they will be desperate to win but if they lose they will still be right up there. I just hope we do not lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The crazy thing is the only team that actually out played us this season is City and that was only when we went down to 10 and gave up in the second half.

We have been the better in in every other game this season but just haven't been able to score goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

A lot of cockiness over the fence today, it'd be great to stuff it back down their throat. However, a lot of that is justified unfortunately, but it would be great to have one of those special game against them and win by a couple. I'm not confident though obviously.

United fans are using the this more in recent years times and I don't like it.

It's our phrase.

No Ox again. Lol

Also thats a strong enough midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

I wonder what’s going on with Robertson? never mind not playing but doesn’t even make the bench for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/FFTPerformance/status/919114316967641088

Alonso with the name drops.

Amazing career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Vicxas wrote: »
    No Ox again. Lol

Why the surprise? Not for a second did I think he'd start.

Only selections that I couldn't pick is at FB, especially on the right.

God if we just had a decent defense I would be very confident.

Salah needs to convert any chances he gets today, yes he is scoring goals but he is also missing a lot of easy goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

Salah needs to convert any chances he gets today, yes he is scoring goals but he is also missing a lot of easy goals.

Salah is genuinely the very least of our worries.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Dislike all that hugging crap before a game.

Would be an ideal game for Robertson IMO.... we have little to no creativity in that midfield 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Please reds Don't make me cry I'm a grown man..

Henderson is embarrassingly bad with those Hollywood passes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Solid and deliberate performance.

Barring a sending off or something you're not going to hockey this Utd team in a hurry.
    We need to be careful in possession.

Henderson's slowing the game down. It's not ideal but that's what their marking job in front of him is for.
    Can's not much help on that front. The lack of space and his lack of agility takes him out of the game. Having said that, he's looked a weapon the odd time the game has spread out.
    Little by little we're making our way up the pitch and looking somewhat of a threat.

Thing is, we've missed chances already and will probably miss more. If Lukaku, or any of their attacking players get any more chances of the sort Lukaku missed they'll probably score.
    Again, another decent performance in most respects but not one you'd be confident we'll get anything more than a draw from.

It could be a different beast if we take the lead. It's bound to happen some day. By sheer weight of probabilty we'll eventually get some goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Henderson is embarrassingly bad with those Hollywood passes.

He hasn't made any.

Gbear wrote: »
    He hasn't made any.

Those stupid lofted balls that no one has a chance of getting he made about 4 of them so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Everything slows down as he looks for a pass/runner. As for the rest, Salah may be frustrating but he is the best chance, Gomez okay but he doesn't make the runs he sometimes should - big empty space on the right at times but that may be instruction. Coutinho needs to be a bit higher up the pitch.

I'd get Henderson off and drop Coutinho back into the playmaker position and get Solanke on.

Scumbag Lovren getting his chin in the way

Again we just can't score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Emre Can with the latest miss

Gbear wrote: »
    .......... By sheer weight of probabilty we'll eventually get some goals.

That's what teams in the bottom 1/3 of the pitch hope for :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Hope I'm not tempting fate but Liverpool look very comfortable, just one goal would do I think..

• Advertisement

That Liverpool midfield 3 is the biggest issue at the club right now not the defence or lack of scoring there is now creativity in it at all.

Augeo wrote: »
    Would be an ideal game for Robertson IMO.... we have little to no creativity in that midfield 3.
    That Liverpool midfield 3 is the biggest issue at the club right now not the defence or lack of scoring there is now creativity in it at all.

Your coming on a tad with your views, to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Regarding not scoring (disclaimer - not watching the game)

IN fairness, they are playing one of the best defenses of the league.

I'm also hearing it's Palace, Arsenal and United who are the only teams to fail to score against Liverpool this season and, of the three, Palace went closest...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Gomez will become a CB in time but it's great to see him getting game time even at right back.

Carra learned his game playing full back before moving into the CB role.

You'd have taken that result before the game really.
    Jose played for the draw, little to no intent of going for it..... so Utd got what they came for to an extent.
    Nice to keep a clean sheet at Anfield.
    13 points from 8 not too bad considering we've played Utd, Man City and Arsenal.

Usual speel from Klopp in the post match chat I expect, great performance, created chances bla bla.

Klopp out we are sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm happy with performance and passion we showed. We are growing, and we were solid.

Yeah sure it's what United played for, but that doesn't mean it's a terrible result for us, really should have won it but it's not awful.

Gomez was excellent against both Martial and Rashford, Lovren had yet another field day with Lukaku.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Sky should stop showing Mourinho matches against big teams.

Burnley showed more attacking intent than United did today. Pathetic.

Considering the state we're in im not unhappy with a draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

I'm happy with performance and passion we showed. We are growing, and we were solid.

Exactly. Utd are one of the most defensively organised teams in the PL. Should have converted one of the chances but there was only one team that ever looked likely to win it. A draw is a good platform to build from.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement