Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

martyos121 wrote: »
    They have to if his release clause is met. It’s said to be around €100m, and I can’t say he’s not worth it.

Why would he want to sign for Liverpool? I'm sure some bigger teams would be in for him as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Prices should not come into so much, we have out own sales to make. 75M for Oblak and 55 for VVD no big deal when we take in more than that in sales.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Why would he want to sign for Liverpool? I'm sure some bigger teams would be in for him as well.

The thing is all those major teams have great keepers. Is he really going to get into United side, or Chelsea, Or City, Or Madrid, or Barca or Bayern, they have great keepers. His stock would rise at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I don’t know, that wasn’t the question being asked. Money probably if it ever did come to be.

The thing is all those major teams have great keepers. Is he really going to get into United side, or Chelsea, Or City, Or Madrid, or Barca or Bayern, they have great keepers. His stock would rise at Liverpool.

PSG, Arsenal, United (if De Gea goes to Madrid), Bayern (if Neuer doesn't recover to the same level), Juve (Bufffon replacement). I'm sure there would be plenty of other teams in for him as well.

I don’t know, that wasn’t the question being asked. Money probably if it ever did come to be.

But it's a valid point. No point saying spend tens of millions of pounds on him when the player may have no interest in joining. He would have plenty of offers from top teams all over Europe.

Drop Mig and give Karius or Ward a run until the end of the season and see can either take the position as their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can we stop the Oblak stuff now before ricero uses it to bash FSG when he signs for someone else even though we were never after him.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can we stop the Oblak stuff now before ricero uses it to bash FSG when he signs for someone else even though we were never after him.

Didn’t want him anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I thought he was a Lib Dem MP with a penchant for Cheeky Girls. :confused:

• Advertisement

But it's a valid point. No point saying spend tens of millions of pounds on him when the player may have no interest in joining. He would have plenty of offers from top teams all over Europe.

Drop Mig and give Karius or Ward a run until the end of the season and see can either take the position as their own.

Yes it is a valid point, but it’s got nothing to do with meeting his release clause. I said that we could get Atletico to sell him if we met the figure, not that he’d want to go. It’s a totally separate conversation.

I too would like to see Ward given a chance, he had a great season with Huddersfield last time out and the difference in standard between PL and Championship isn’t nearly as pronounced in his position so it’s a fair indicator of his quality. Karius could come good too, anyone but Mig really will do at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yes it is a valid point, but it’s got nothing to do with meeting his release clause. I said that we could get Atletico to sell him if we met the figure, not that he’d want to go. It’s a totally separate conversation.

I too would like to see Ward given a chance, he had a great season with Huddersfield last time out and the difference in standard between PL and Championship isn’t nearly as pronounced in his position so it’s a fair indicator of his quality. Karius could come good too, anyone but Mig really will do at this stage.

That doesn't always matter.

Arsenal thought that as well when it came to Luis and he did want to leave but our owners refused.

I'd love to have a keeper like him but Liverpool FC won't be paying €100m for a keeper.

Arsenal thought that as well when it came to Luis and he did want to leave but our owners refused.

I'd love to have a keeper like him but Liverpool FC won't be paying €100m for a keeper.

I’m pretty sure what we did was a breach of the rules though, if he did have a release clause that was met by Arsenal. It’s more transparent in Spanish football, every player must have a release clause and as far as I know they usually aren’t hidden. When a team meets that release clause, then permission to engage with the player has to be given, and then it’s out of the club’s hands. Look at Barca last summer for example, they tried to deny payment from PSG for Neymar and looked for every loophole to block the move but they couldn’t.

This is all irrelevant anyway because 1) we aren’t spending €100m on a keeper and 2) he probably wouldn’t sign for us unless we tore apart our wage structure and gave him the moon and the stars.

Liverpool fan but just wanted to say Merry Christmas. You get a lot of ****e for being a fan of your club. You were a great player for YOUR team, something we'd all have loved to do. Still hope we get VVD obviously
    Thanks and you probably will! Happy Christmas ��

https://twitter.com/mattletiss7/status/944978332340408320

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I can never understand this,teams pay it no problem for a forward , a top goalkeeper is every bit a match winner as a striker imo

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I can never understand this,teams pay it no problem for a forward , a top goalkeeper is every bit a match winner as a striker imo

I don't understand it myself.

Buffon's transfer record stood for 16 years.

Mignolet is the 20th most expensive keeper of all time at £9m kind of say a lot really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Makes no sense. We need a top quality keeper like some clubs need a 20+ goalscorer or a midfield creative force.

Just read a random little fact there. Coutinho has had 11 shots in the Champions League this season, every one of them on target and five of them were scored. That’s an incredible improvement for a player who couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo three years ago.

Playing in the front 3 for a season no doubt brought him on hugely in that dept :)

He was named in 2015 pfa team of the year as "bad" as he was 3 years ago :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Of course they are but forward players are bigger box office and attract crowds, TV and jersey buyers.

Just read a random little fact there. Coutinho has had 11 shots in the Champions League this season, every one of them on target and five of them were scored. That’s an incredible improvement for a player who couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo three years ago.

Have watched a lot of games this season, haven't seen any player hit a cows ass with a banjo yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

New thread for christmas please mods :) getting to that 10000 mark

New thread for christmas please mods :) getting to that 10000 mark

On the radio forum someone closed de Liveline thread with 9999 posts. I was raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

On the radio forum someone closed de Liveline thread with 9999 posts. I was raging.

Call Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Happy Xmas, lads. Hope all of ye have a great day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/amarjourno/status/944951488824205312

"According to Twitter user Indy Kalia"

That's me sold.

Edit - it looks like James Dickenson has been "hacked", he is on a sabbatical finding himself.

https://twitter.com/jdickenson1990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Out of curiosity, how many are against Maribor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Happy Christmas guys. Have a good feeling about the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Happy xmas to all on this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Page 666 on Xmas Day :eek:

Happy Xmas all, you've been a great source of entertainment and argument throughout the year, even Ricero!!

I wonder did Herr Klopp get a GK and CB under the Xmas tree courtesy of FSG?

What madness is this? Page 250 surely??

I'm on a 14" laptop, you must be on a whopper of a screen!!

Page-6661514207992.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Happy Xmas all, you've been a great source of entertainment and argument throughout the year, even Ricero!!

I wonder did Herr Klopp get a GK and CB under the Xmas tree courtesy of FSG?

It's Christmas Day lads! Merry Christmas all.

2yuzmme.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Happy Pudding day to My beloved Liverpool..

I'm on a 14" laptop, you must be on a whopper of a screen!!

Page-6661514207992.jpg

I'm using my IMAX screen in my underground lair :P

Try this...User CP>>Edit Options>>Thread display options>>Number of posts to show per page>>Set to 40.

If you don't like it you can always change back. I find it easier anyway. That's my good deed for the day. Happy Xmas.

^^^ There is a Santa!!

Page-2501514211760.jpg

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Any one have an oul 90 min article on transfer speculation to keep me ticking over? I'm sure those lads are working overtime on Christmas days.

Capture8976.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Merry Crimbo lads.

Most of yee are argumentative gits who would have a full blown row with your own shadow, but Happy Christmas anyway. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Thank god the footies back tomorrow is all I can say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

happy christmas boyos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Merry Crimbo lads.

Most of yee are argumentative gits who would have a full blown row with your own shadow, but Happy Christmas anyway. ;)

We're not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

mosstin wrote: »
    We're not.

:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That's close enough to 10,000 for a new thread.

And far enough away from 9,999 for Harry to be ok with it...:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement