Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Augeo wrote: »
    Sturridge may well not be "done" at all. Most actual strikers need a run of games, that was always the way and is widely accepted as sane thinking :)
    Now, he's likely not suitable to Klopp ball but that's a different issue.

I think you might be right. But I think he is unlikely to get a run of games, so it might be a moot point, either way.

I think you might be right. But I think he is unlikely to get a run of games, so it might be a moot point, either way.

100% agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Grayditch wrote: »
    We need to get some goals back today. Then we need to beat Seville. No reason to finish second in this group.

Just as long as we win the next two games then lets look at Seville in November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Tonight should be enjoyable anyway. Should be kicking the arse of Maribor.

Maybe start Solanke or Studge at CF.
    Woodburn in for Coutinho.
    Grujic in for Can/ Hendo.
    Milner in for Wijnaldum.
    Ings, Markovic on bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

J Mysterio wrote: »

Milner in for Wijnaldum.
    Ings, Markovic on bench.

Woodburn just played for the u19s at lunch time - doubt he will be in the senior squad for tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Milner in for Wijnaldum.
    Ings, Markovic on bench.

Are you confusing this with a league cup match? There will be minimal changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Yea, the only change will be Karius I'd say. Maybe 1 other.

Full strength needed here. Have to get 3 points.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

TAA will probably start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Was at the match the last day, knew what was coming. We could see two big red buses over the hill ready to be parked.
    But thats jose's way, we all know this was gonna happen. He's afraid to open up against teams he's sees as a threat.
    Anyway, very disappointed again with Klopp not making changes sooner. And Mourinho was right in what he said about Klopp not wainting to take off can or wijnaldum in case he lost the game. Can needed to be hooked. He was very poor all game. He practically slept walked through that 90mins. I was watching him off the ball for a good bit and he was strolling around, actually just walking. Looks like he's gonna sign for Juve in at Christmas and his head is probably off in summer climes already!
    We badly need a centre forward to play as a centre forward. No false nine. We need someone in the box - a recognised forward who can be a bit of a focal point. Sturridge and Solanke are our two options, one or both need to start tonight and get a full 90mins under the belt.

I'd say Can is holding his place at the minute as he has in theory more energy than Milner to play consecutive games but once Lallana is fit Can will be dropped from the midfield three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Knex. wrote: »

That didnt last long.
    Allerdyce in?

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I'd say Can is holding his place at the minute as he has in theory more energy than Milner to play consecutive games but once Lallana is fit Can will be dropped from the midfield three.

When Mane is available with Lallana it will be interesting what the midfield 3 will be.

I doubt Coutinho and Lallana could feature in a 3 with Wij/Can/Hendo behind them.

Be good to have the options all going well in 2 months time or so.

He was a bit of a snake in the grass anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We are wearing the orange jersey tonight.

https://twitter.com/NBFootball/status/920241377404956672

Augeo wrote: »
    When Mane is available with Lallana it will be interesting what the midfield 3 will be.

I doubt Coutinho and Lallana could feature in a 3 with Wij/Can/Hendo behind them.

Be good to have the options all going well in 2 months time or so.

Salah-Firmino-Mane
    Coutinho-Wijnaldum-Lallana
    Moreno-Lovren-Matip-Gomez (until Clyne's return in 2018)

I know it's dropping the captain so probably won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Purple and Orange our eyes

Supporting Liverpool as always from behind the couch. :pac:

I was looking for a nice Shakespeare quote to match to his demise but instead found...

"Brevity is the soul of wit."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gerrards U19s side beat Maribor 4-1 goals from Bobby Adekanye X2, Herbie Kane and Liam Millar.

Liverpool U19s: Grabara, R. Williams, Johnston, Glennon, Camacho, Lewis, Woodburn, Kane, Jones (Dixon-Bonner, 64), Adekanye (Glatzel, 83), Millar (McAuley, 74).
    Unused subs: Atherton, Hunter, Clayton, Longstaff.

No idea who Glatzel is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I was looking for a nice Shakespeare quote to match to his demise but instead found...

I know brevity, sure he posts on here, and I can tell you that he's a miserable bollocks.

• Advertisement

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Salah-Firmino-Mane
    Coutinho-Wijnaldum-Lallana
    Moreno-Lovren-Matip-Gomez (until Clyne's return in 2018)

I know it's dropping the captain so probably won't happen.

I reckon you'd need a Mascherano, Roy Keane or Kanté type midfielder in a 3 if Lallana and coutinho are the other 2 :)

(not saying the three I mention are the same type of player but they are/were all able to assert themselves on the midfield and provide a huge amount of steel / bite (not Suarez style of course) )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Couldn't see him playing Lallana and Coutinho in the midfield together with Mane, Firmino and Salah up top. Think they will be subbed for each other most games. Only way we'll have them both on at same time is with Cout out wide.

It'll be 2 of Can, Wij or Henderson in the midfield predominately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yawns wrote: »
    Couldn't see him playing Lallana and Coutinho in the midfield together with Mane, Firmino and Salah up top. Think they will be subbed for each other most games. Only way we'll have them both on at same time is with Cout out wide.

It'll be 2 of Can, Wij or Henderson in the midfield predominately.

It could be done but would require a superhuman at the deepest position.

Mignolet
    Gomez--Matip--Lovren--Robertson
    Keita
    Lallana----Coutinho
    Firmino
    Salah---Mane

From the very very little of seen of Keita, he won't be that person. Mind you he was very good at breaking up Dortmunds play on Saturday. He looks the kind of player I wanted Can to be for us.

Yawns wrote: »
    From the very very little of seen of Keita...............

I've seen very little of him too, despite us buying him I don't think Klopp bought him as he's in the mould of the three I mentioned :)

Indeed.

I know brevity, sure he posts on here, and I can tell you that he's a miserable bollocks.

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

#LFC line up tonight: Karius; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Moreno; Milner, Wijnaldum, Can; Salah, Firmino, Coutinho

https://twitter.com/jamespearceecho/status/920340960126623745

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

If we don't beat Maribor I'm ripping up the seats, don't care if I have to get them reupholstered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Looks like Ox's Liverpool career is already over then. He's not hit the ground running but does he really deserve to be left out of every starting lineup even when there's a clear spot for him now with Mane out injured?

I'd probably be complaining if he did start too tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I would definitely have liked to have seen Ox given a chance from the start. Maybe that dire performance against Leicester in the cup cost him starting chances for the next while though. He really was that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

martyos121 wrote: »
    Looks like Ox's Liverpool career is already over then. He's not hit the ground running but does he really deserve to be left out of every starting lineup even when there's a clear spot for him now with Mane out injured?

I'd probably be complaining if he did start too tbf.

He's not better than Henderson, Can, Gini, Lallana or Milner in the middle. And he's not better than Firmino, Salah, Mane or Sturridge in attack. Bizarre signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Anything other than a win tonight will be complete and utter dog****.

Sure I hear he likes to play at RB

Klopp trying to get the confidence into the first team by whopping these lads it seems. Should be enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Jaysus Michael Owen would do your head in.

But Damm I'd love to have him at his prime in this team he be winning another Ballon D'Or.

Milner needs to be starting ahead of Henderson for the next few games at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

ive no doubt henderson was rested for sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Milner has done really well but very hard to read too much into this performance, Maribor are brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Jaysus Michael Owen would do your head in.

But Damm I'd love to have him at his prime in this team he be winning another Ballon D'Or.

Torres in his prime would do more damage than Ophelia.

• Advertisement

I'm a fan of Henderson myself, but I have to say that he is not indispensable to the 1st team, and some combinations excluding him can be more effective. As Captain, that's a big problem. The question then is - who else can be Captain?

Liverpool really need to keep Can, he is getting better and better. He is a beast in the midfield. Pairing him with Keita next season should be something, providing we can keep him. I'm surprised Klopp hasnt been able to have him sign just yet, particularly as they are both Deutsche männer. But also, Keita coming in can also speak German.

Henderson should stay, but I cant see how he is guaranteed a starting place with what is a formidable collection of players to choose from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Saw today in the echo that we are being linked with goretzka the german schalke cm. Reckon its cans replacement

ricero wrote: »
    Saw today in the echo that we are being linked with goretzka the german schalke cm. Reckon its cans replacement

He'd cost to much money for FSG to buy.

ricero wrote: »

All the big clubs in Europe are after him, that'll be a really tough one to pull off. His contract is up at the end of the season so if he doesn't renew it then he can go wherever he likes, but Schalke are meant to be offering him a massively improved deal so he might wait there too.

He'd cost to much money for FSG to buy.

He'll be available on a Bosman next summer as things stand. I know FSG have a reputation for being cheap, but I hope they're willing to spend £0 at least. :D

All the big clubs in Europe are after him, that'll be a really tough one to pull off. His contract is up at the end of the season so if he doesn't renew it then he can go wherever he likes, but Schalke are meant to be offering him a massively improved deal so he might wait there too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Juve signed both Can and Goretzka on a free.

He'll be available on a Bosman next summer as things stand. I know FSG have a reputation for being cheap, but I hope they're willing to spend £0 at least. :D

Net Spend and all that :P

I wouldn't be surprised if Juve signed both Can and Goretzka on a free.

Somehow ourselves and Schalke will end up paying them to take those players off our hands. Dont underestimate an Italian director of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Milner needs to come right back into the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm pretty sure our draw with Spartak has now turned out ok.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement