Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Tour golf mobile app for Android

Options
  • 13-10-2017 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the European tour has an official mobile Android app. A Play store search provides a golf news and results app which I'm not sure is official. It doesn't seem to show current tournament leaderboard which is mainly what I want. There is a PGA tour app that works fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,429 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The Android app was withdrawn after a big refresh to the mobile app (iOS & Android) proved to be a complete disaster with appalling response times. The CEO of the European Tour issued an apology - it was that bad. Apple users were able to revert to the old version but Android users were told their app was being withdrawn completely and they should access the mobile website instead.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/golf/out-of-bounds-european-tour-forced-into-website-u-turn-1.3195568

The iOS app isn't great shakes though - on an iPad you can only see max. 5 players at a time on the leaderboard, it's terrible.

Point your Android browser at mobile.europeantour.com and put a shortcut on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

I use the App GOLFLIVE24 and find it very good.

Advertisement