Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World BBQ Championships

• 13-10-2017 2:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Another event festival that seemed to pop up out of no one
    Anyone going/cooking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

passed by peoples park today. it looks like a huge event. not sure if they advertised it very well. €5 to get in fri and €10 for sat and sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

damowill wrote: »
    passed by peoples park today. it looks like a huge event. not sure if they advertised it very well. €5 to get in fri and €10 for sat and sun.

Do you get tokens to get food for that?

Why would you pay in to watch someone BBQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Would be interested to hear from anyone who goes this evening.

Wouldn't mind paying in and paying for food in there if it's decent quality and not exorbitant.

Something different anway

Was gonna head in myself until I looked out the window. Take away it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Was gonna head in myself until I looked out the window. Take away it is

Im going to give a peep in tomorrow I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Whos idea was it to have a BBQ event in October?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

davo2001 wrote: »

10 million for the city...and they are paying for the monorail. Also they have named one of the burgers the "Munster" burger so tis all good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

davo2001 wrote: »

I would assume that it occurs around the same time every year, but usually in countries that have better weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Shur the weather that was there tonight we would often get in June,July, August . And aren't they telling us all week that it would be 20 degrees tomorrow .....I've my mankini back down from the from the summer shelf ready for the morning !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Hope the hurricane does not arrive early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

I've been in. 15 you cover charge per adult for the weekend kids free. Something different. They seemed to be in a competition as they were all plating up salmon. Regular food stalls there too. Don't know when or if the BBQ stalls will be serving their food. No one knew! But twas good though

juneg wrote: »
    I've been in. 15 you cover charge per adult for the weekend kids free. Something different. They seemed to be in a competition as they were all plating up salmon. Regular food stalls there too. Don't know when or if the BBQ stalls will be serving their food. No one knew! But twas good though

Did 15 get you something to eat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Atrocious waste of money.

Did 15 get you what you something to eat?

No it didn't. I took kids in and they enjoyed the day out. It's 10 per adult to go in once. 15 gets you a wristband to use again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I’d love some bbq now .
    Is it worth going in there?
    Could go in for dinner :-)

juneg wrote: »
    No it didn't. I took kids in and they enjoyed the day out. It's 10 per adult to go in once. 15 gets you a wristband to use again.

If I was paying 15 in I would expect a voucher that I coud redeem at a stall. 15 in and then a minimum of a tenner once you're in there. For couples that's €50. €50 would get two nice maincourses and a beer and a wine in a lot of places in town. Am I being tight or is that a bit of a rip off?

If I was paying 15 in I would expect a voucher that I coud redeem at a stall. 15 in and then a minimum of a tenner once you're in there. For couples that's €50. €50 would get two nice maincourses and a beer and a wine in a lot of places in town. Am I being tight or is that a bit of a rip off?

You're not being tight but just imagine the people's park without the cover charge. There's also a massive amount of generators, fridges, lighting, security etc so I can see why it's needed to finance the event in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Was there an entrance fee for the Food Truck festival that was there earlier in the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Was there an entrance fee for the Food Truck festival that was there earlier in the year?

I don't recall being charged so I don't think so.

panda100 wrote: »
    I don't recall being charged so I don't think so.

whoooo hold up here now...youve a food truck ? tell us more :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

dashoonage wrote: »
    whoooo hold up here now...youve a food truck ? tell us more :cool:

:D I thought he meant a charge for the punters not the vendors? I'm waiting to set up my 24/7 burrito/donought truck at the urban garden when the monorail comes to town!

ah he did! i read it wrong.... Dam it i was hoping for a boards discount on burrito's

Advertisement