Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Hours - Between Two ETBs

Options
  • 13-10-2017 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I teach full time between two centres in two education training boards in the FE sector.

The Croke Park hours somewhat confuse me; are they hours which I need to undertake within my main centre (where I have the most hours) or are they hours I need to do collectively throughout a year, in any ETB?

So, if I fulfill Croke Park hours in one centre only, is my obligation fulfilled or do I have to do it for both centres?

Id appreciate any advice.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Its just one amount. I'd talk to both principals and explain your situation. I'd ask them if there are any ones which are more important for you to attend. I'd probably attend the majority in your main centre and a few from other centre if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

Its just one amount. I'd talk to both principals and explain your situation. I'd ask them if there are any ones which are more important for you to attend. I'd probably attend the majority in your main centre and a few from other centre if needed.

Thanks for that. Ill have to do some decent reading into it. It only came up as a problem when I found out that the minor centres timetable for me clashes with the majority of the major centres Croke Park hours.

Im trying not to rock any boats as this is my first year teaching and I've somehow managed to end up full time, albeit in two centres.

Advertisement