Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing Account Bill Inquiry

Options
  • 13-10-2017 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

My mam moved to prepay-power for her gas a few months back, after a couple of days she got a phone call saying she owed 437 euro but my mam stated that she was always on a prepay meter so how was this possible? The person on the other end stated something like ''yes thats very high ill get someone to look into it and ring you back'', they never did. I googled the number later on and a lot of people were saying its a scam, ignore etc and seeing as they never rang back she did.

Anyways fast forward to today she has got a letter from yourself's stating she owes the same amount and it must be paid within 7 days otherwise legal action will be taken. Obviously shes concerned about this as she has never owed anyone in her life.

Just to be totally clear she wasn't moved to prepay gas because she fell into debt or anything like that the council fitted the gas into the house years ago and she was put on the prepay meter straight away. She even got a bill (which was the last one before she moved to prepay-power) dated 31/3/17 saying how much she topped up in this period etc and right at the bottom it said the outstanding balance was 0.00 dr.

Can you look into this please. Im happy to pm her details.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi there,

The dedicated Electric Ireland Pay As You Go gas team are the people to speak to regarding this query. They can be contacted on 1850 372 372.

If your name is not on your mother's account as an authorised contact, the team would need to speak with your mother first for permission to add your name to her account. Once that is done, they will then be able to discuss the account in full with you.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement