Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for good shooting trousers

Options
  • 13-10-2017 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Lads, 
    As per title.. Am interested in lads opinions on a good pair of trousers for rough shooting and deer stalking..
    I have about 12 coats but only one decent pair of trousers at the moment (Deerhunter rusky)  and they're a bit warm. 
    I've had the Seeland keeper trousers in the past and found them good. So they would be an option, but I'm thinking about something like the Deerhunter Ram or similar?
    For the lads that have different pairs of deerhunter trousers, which do you find best? 
    Interested to hear yer opinions...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Lads, 
    As per title.. Am interested in lads opinions on a good pair of trousers for rough shooting and deer stalking..
    I have about 12 coats but only one decent pair of trousers at the moment (Deerhunter rusky)  and they're a bit warm. 
    I've had the Seeland keeper trousers in the past and found them good. So they would be an option, but I'm thinking about something like the Deerhunter Ram or similar?
    For the lads that have different pairs of deerhunter trousers, which do you find best? 

You can't shoot with trousers, I would suggest trying a firearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nowwerehurlin

Lads, 

You can't shoot with trousers, I would suggest trying a firearm.

🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

Deerhunter ram have 2 pair one green and one realtree camo have them 3 years their still going strong 100% waterproof hunt 3 times a week and evening duck flights most other days i would not have any other trousers around the place for the serious hunter they are the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GADWALL

If you want the best , Harkila , Falraven or Musto . Seeland are a lower tier to these and owned by the same group as Harkila I understand .

If you go onto the Beretta site EU one , they have good gear and a free returns policy and often have sales on many items .

Sportsmans Gun Centre online shop is a good starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I have the pro hunter trousers for the last 7 years , they really are excellent, although not as waterproof as they once were.

The trousers are much better than the jacket. Value for money the deer hunter stuff cannot be beaten.
    I had a seeland jacket , the quality was not the best.

I find Mcbrides in Athlone the best for price and service.

https://mcbrides.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement