Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phishing emails from "noreply@eir.ie"

Options
  • 13-10-2017 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I got two phishing emails today pretending to be from Eir.ie. 
    You might pass this on to the appropriate team.

See screenshots below. 
    430500.png
    430501.png

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

I'm getting those too - €184.48 spoof 'bill', maybe three or four emails now. The email address noreply@eir.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

h3000 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

See screenshots below. 
    430500.png
    430501.png
    Hi h3000,

Thanks for getting in touch. Are you currently an eir customer or have you been a customer with us in the past? If so, can you PM me your account number and full name please?

- Adam

I'm getting those too - €184.48 spoof 'bill', maybe three or four emails now. The email address noreply@eir.ie
    Hi davidjtaylor,

Thanks for getting in touch. Do you have an active account with us or a ceased account with us? If you have/had an account with us, can you send me your account number and full name ina  PM please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

See screenshots below. 
    430500.png
    430501.png
    Hi h3000,

Thanks for getting in touch. Are you currently an eir customer or have you been a customer with us in the past? If so, can you PM me your account number and full name please?

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I am an Eir customer but it's not linked to the email I received these mails. Let me know if you still need my account details.

Hi Folks,

See screenshots below. 
    430500.png
    430501.png
    Hi h3000,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I am an Eir customer but it's not linked to the email I received these mails. Let me know if you still need my account details.
    There is a good chance that this is a spam email. If you PM me your details I can double-check this for you. If it is a spam email I'd recommend deleting it.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,483 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm getting these too and they are definitely spam as I only have a mobile account with you.

Why you're asking people for their account details is beyond me.

Your bills always come from "[font=arial, sans-serif]noreply@bills.eir.ie".[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]These spams are coming from [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]noreply@eir.ie  is that not enough info?[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Hi Adam,

There is no question about it being spam. It's 100% spam... Just look at the links in the mail. I was just making you aware it's going around and might become widespread. Some people may fall for it.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm getting these too and they are definitely spam as I only have a mobile account with you.

Why you're asking people for their account details is beyond me.

Your bills always come from "[font=arial, sans-serif]noreply@bills.eir.ie".[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]These spams are coming from [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]noreply@eir.ie  is that not enough info?[/font]
    Hi murpho999,

It would be standard procedure to get the customers account details in such cases to ensure that the emails are not relating to their account.

- Adam

Hi Adam,

There is no question about it being spam. It's 100% spam... Just look at the links in the mail. I was just making you aware it's going around and might become widespread. Some people may fall for it.
    No problem, I have passed this information on to the relevant department for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Hi davidjtaylor,

Thanks for getting in touch. Do you have an active account with us or a ceased account with us? If you have/had an account with us, can you send me your account number and full name ina  PM please?

- Adam
    Account number? Apologies but what would that be, where would I find it? I have an email address with you - name as above plus the at symbol plus eircom plus net.

• Advertisement

Hi davidjtaylor,

- Adam
    Account number? Apologies but what would that be, where would I find it? I have an email address with you - name as above plus the at symbol plus eircom plus net.
    If you don't have any services with us other than an email address you wouldn't have an account number with us. If you only have an email address with us, this email is definitely spam and I'd recommend deleting it ASAP.

- Adam

Advertisement