Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TD Representation

• 13-10-2017 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

This is something i am curious to know about.

How do people find their T.D represents them when they go to their clinics?

Good?
    Bad?
    Useless?
    Indifferent?

I was reading a comment on Facebook earlier that some people feel they waste their time going to the TD's as they get nowhere with them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Never understood what the point of these clinics is. I always assumed they were just for people who want some form of special treatment, rule bending or queue jumping help. And as such should be banned. But maybe I am wrong. Is there a legitimate purpose for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Ludo wrote: »
    Never understood what the point of these clinics is. I always assumed they were just for people who want some form of special treatment, rule bending or queue jumping help. And as such should be banned. But maybe I am wrong. Is there a legitimate purpose for them?

I have been in one personally a few times in recent weeks which prompted me to set up a thread combined with what i seen on Facebook.

I have sought assistance from them as my child has a physical disability,needs an Assessment of need completed by COPE Foundation and a few other things.

The letters of representation have only gone off this week so i haven't heard any back as yet.

While i was in the office i observed a lady in front of me waiting to see the TD in relation to a housing issue.

The woman's daughter had gone to the ombudsman prior to going to the clinic in an attempt to obtain social housing, her daughter is on the waiting list 21 years if i remember correct.

'She is entitled to her house just like me and her sister' was more or less what she was saying to me and others in the waiting room.

Ah yes, entitled to a free house.
    Another leach on the taxpayer

Augeo wrote: »
    Ah yes, entitled to a free house.
    Another leach on the taxpayer

Not sure what the TD said, the conversation barely lasted 2 minutes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Not sure what the TD said...
    He said " I'll have a word with someone I know, for you. Unfortunately there's a severe shortage of social housing since that other crowd got into govt. and wrecked the economy, but just keep voting for me and we'll get your case sorted as soon as possible. Next please."

• Advertisement

recedite wrote: »
    He said " I'll have a word with someone I know, for you. Unfortunately there's a severe shortage of social housing since that other crowd got into govt. and wrecked the economy, but just keep voting for me and we'll get your case sorted as soon as possible. Next please."

I probably should have said the TD is not affiliated to the government parties.

The shortage is nothing short of scandalous.

Did i read on the journal the other day that only 31 houses will be built next year based on budget 2018?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Anyone who has been on the housing list for 21 years is not going to get a house. During that time, other people have been born, grown up, and popped out a couple of babies. Smartphones have been invented, and people on the other side of the world have learned that they can come here and get their entitlements. All of these people are now further up the list than she is.

Anyone who has been on the housing list for 21 years is not going to get a house. During that time, other people have been born, grown up, and popped out a couple of babies. Smartphones have been invented, and people on the other side of the world have learned that they can come here and get their entitlements. All of these people are now further up the list than she is.

She said she’ll keep going to the TD weekly until she gets something.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

This is neither the thread nor the forum for unsupported welfare bashing. Please stay on topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I have been in one personally a few times in recent weeks which prompted me to set up a thread combined with what i seen on Facebook.

I have sought assistance from them as my child has a physical disability,needs an Assessment of need completed by COPE Foundation
    whats that got to do with a TD?

• Advertisement

whats that got to do with a TD?

I am seeking TD representations to assist in the process.

Waiting 2/3 years from now, on top of time already spent waiting is poor to say the least.

The TD himself lives daily with similar issues that I do concerning one of their own.

I am seeking TD representations to assist in the process.

Waiting 2/3 years from now, on top of time already spent waiting is poor to say the least.

The TD himself lives daily with similar issues that I do concerning one of their own.
    so he writes to the HSE TD rep email address and comes back with the same vague reply you are getting?

so he writes to the HSE TD rep email address and comes back with the same vague reply you are getting?

He’s contacted the minister and COPE Foundation.

Both have responded.

To date the HSE have not despite contact.

He’s contacted the minister and COPE Foundation.

could you not do that?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

This thread appears to have been about an individual TD rather than a general topic of conversation. PM myself or another mod if there are reasons to reopen it.

EDIT: Thread reopened. Please keep it to political rather than personal issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

I never bothered going to these clinics, the TD i voted for is meant to legislate for the country,not help me personally, the local councillor is the one I go to if I have a need to get something done, he/she will have the TD's ear anyway.The party system should work from the ground up local issues/local politician...national issue/TD..they are supposed to work for you that way, the medical card/social house strokes are what has this country fecked.

Advertisement