Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay between bill date and posting the bill

Options
  • 13-10-2017 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭

I've noticed something interesting over the past few months. There is usually a week between the Eir bill date and when it arrives. Before you rush off blaming An Post or claiming its a once off, I've been tracking it for the past 6 months and its every bill.

Now, the annoying thing is that this then gives less than a week to pay the bill as I have to allow a few days for the money transfer to go through. 

So, can I ask Eir why is there a delay between dating the bill and posting them? I'm hoping that they are not back-dated or just left sitting around. Also, dont even think of saying anything about setting up a direct debit ("You'll never have to worry about missing a bill date again") as we have no notion of setting one up (and yes the account is almost 40years old)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Yes this happens to me too.
    Once got a bill dated August 1st, it arrived on August 10th and they wanted me to pay it in full by the 15th.
    I told them about it and they couldn't explain the delay and told me they'd give me another week to pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

This is happening to me also. Very Annoying.

Nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

ianobrien wrote: »
    I've noticed something interesting over the past few months. There is usually a week between the Eir bill date and when it arrives. Before you rush off blaming An Post or claiming its a once off, I've been tracking it for the past 6 months and its every bill.

Now, the annoying thing is that this then gives less than a week to pay the bill as I have to allow a few days for the money transfer to go through. 

So, can I ask Eir why is there a delay between dating the bill and posting them? I'm hoping that they are not back-dated or just left sitting around. Also, dont even think of saying anything about setting up a direct debit ("You'll never have to worry about missing a bill date again") as we have no notion of setting one up (and yes the account is almost 40years old)
    Hi ianobrien,

Thanks for getting in touch. The bill issue date is the date that the bill is printed and it would generally be posted out the following day (depending on what day your billing date falls on). These are all sent out to your customers automatically and I do apologise if it is taking slightly longer to be sent out to you. I'd recommend registering for my eir and you'll be able to view your bill online when it is issued. 

- Adam

fussyonion wrote: »
    Yes this happens to me too.
    Once got a bill dated August 1st, it arrived on August 10th and they wanted me to pay it in full by the 15th.
    I told them about it and they couldn't explain the delay and told me they'd give me another week to pay it.
    Hi fussyonion,

Sorry to hear that this is happening to you. If you register your details on my eir, you'll be able to look at your bill online when it is issued. You can still receive paper bills if you're registered on my eir.

- Adam

This is happening to me also. Very Annoying.

Nate
    Hi Nate,

Sorry to hear this. If you register your details on my eir, you'll be able to view your bill online when it's issued as well as receive a paper bill in the post.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi ianobrien,

Thanks for getting in touch. The bill issue date is the date that the bill is printed and it would generally be posted out the following day (depending on what day your billing date falls on). These are all sent out to your customers automatically and I do apologise if it is taking slightly longer to be sent out to you. I'd recommend registering for my eir and you'll be able to view your bill online when it is issued. 

- Adam
    Adam,

I had guessed I would get a stock answer like that but unfortunately I don't really believe you that it's posted the following day. Anyway, what's the point in registering as knowing that a bill is on the way as I can't pay it in the post office unless I have the bill in my greasy paw? 

Can you pass along that I think your answer of "posted the next day" is horse sh!t and I don't believe it? It's fairly simple to gather up the bills when they are printed and cart them off to the post office. As you have so many, I bet An Post would collect them even. 

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi ianobrien,

- Adam
    Adam,

I had guessed I would get a stock answer like that but unfortunately I don't really believe you that it's posted the following day. Anyway, what's the point in registering as knowing that a bill is on the way as I can't pay it in the post office unless I have the bill in my greasy paw? 

Can you pass along that I think your answer of "posted the next day" is horse sh!t and I don't believe it? It's fairly simple to gather up the bills when they are printed and cart them off to the post office. As you have so many, I bet An Post would collect them even. 
    I'm sorry you feel this way ianobrien, however, the information I am giving you is correct. I will pass your feedback on to the relevant department and it will be looked into internally. 

If you register on my eir you can view your bill online before you receive it and you can pay these bills in a post office with any previous bills if you would like to make a payment before you receive it. You can also pay online or ring us on 1901 if you don't have any old bills and are looking to make a payment.

- Adam

Advertisement