Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty | Black Ops 4 | News and Rumours!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Played a bit today so 1st impressions.

It looks awful, like a free to play type game.
    Gun play is very good.
    When you get past the CPU usage and hit 60fps solid its not a bad game.
    Basically a BR game with exceptionally high qualify of life features.
    Minor annoyance they too cheap to use real gun licences so its hard to know what weapons is what (would imagine COD players know what an IC7 is etc)
    Looting is fast and fairly straight forward, you can change a gun in seconds with attachments and they auto go on.
    The zombies are a brilliant touch, twice i have woken them up to kill other players, each time it was hilarious.
    Havent won a game and havent had any asshole team mates in quad or duos.

I think with a performance and optimization patch this will do well as another mode in COD similair to Zombies but not sure about it taking over the BR crown, really depends on how its supported but as technical point its way above PUBG but would expect nothing less from an experienced developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

played a heap of this over the weekend, absolutely love it. The only problem is all the braying donkeys on reddit who've never played a battle royale game, crying about nerfing armour etc, downtime between gunfights etc. They don't seem to get that the idea is survival, and sometimes you get good gear, sometimes you don't.

I'll find it very hard to go back to pubg on xbox after this, its so refreshing to be able to aggressively play and seek gunfights, knowing you've a fair chance of winning. On pubg, gunfights are almost like they're decided by RNG.

The gadgets like the sensor dart,grapple etc and the perks add another layer to the gameplay also.

if i was to single out any one thing I'd possibly change, Id make it so that the wingsuit doesn't have as much range as it currently does, you can easily hit any location on the map, regardless of the flightpath of the choppers or when you jump - this has the effect of making encounters a little bit more random as you cant rely on people having dropped in locations along the flightpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I'll find it very hard to go back to pubg on xbox after this, its so refreshing to be able to aggressively play and seek gunfights, knowing you've a fair chance of winning. On pubg, gunfights are almost like they're decided by RNG.

Exactly my thoughts...every time I get killed in PUBG I feel cheated, its down to the crappy aiming mechanic could never get the handle on it:mad:

Whats great about Blackout is every time I get killed here I don't feel that way its like ah well next game. I think one of the reasons also is that its so quick to get back into to game 1-2 mins, with PUBG it felt like ages to get boots back on the ground.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Exactly my thoughts...every time I get killed in PUBG I feel cheated, its down to the crappy aiming mechanic could never get the handle on it:mad:

Whats great about Blackout is every time I get killed here I don't feel that way its like ah well next game. I think one of the reasons also is that its so quick to get back into to game 1-2 mins, with PUBG it felt like ages to get boots back on the ground.

exactly, pubg can be pretty soul destroying with the pre lobby, the jump, looting then maybe 25 minutes to get down to the last 10 people, I wasn't really watching the clock, but blackout is much more straightforward to get right back into. I very rarely 'hot drop' in pubg, as you'll inevitably just get murdered and then its back to loading screens / lobby etc again.

The fact that they managed to have timed events , like the fast collapse, close quarters, and the blight lord boss from zombies, shows that the game is flexible enough for them to alter the game modes in a way that'll prevent it from getting stale too quickly.

To top it all off, bluehole just announced this morning that they're applying a 'downgrade' patch to try and sort out some of the framerate issues that are being reported on the 1X. - It doesn't do much to inspire confidence tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The gadgets like the sensor dart,grapple etc and the perks add another layer to the gameplay also.

Sensor dart + RC car = UAV. :pac: :D

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Sensor dart + RC car = UAV. :pac: :D

Sensor dart plus helicopter also works....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Well I admit I had some fun but it has proved yet again that battle royale is just not the genre for me :P.

Player count now set to 100,
    giggidty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Where are the zombies??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Thought this ended today? time zones confuse me :confused:

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Where are the zombies??

Asylum, also seem to be where you open those crates that shine light.
    KilOit wrote: »
    Thought this ended today? time zones confuse me :confused:

Extended by 2 hrs apparently.
    Finishes at 6 now.

Just ended as i was having my best game so far, 3 kills and 8 people left! yeah i'm that bad.
    This is a buy for me, purely for Blackout, everything PUBG should have been

If it was in the same price range as PUBG I would agree its a must buy but for 60/70 I aint gonna get it on day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Hi,

I've always bought COD on the PS, but this year I've managed to pick up a cheap Xbox. I'm now wondering whether to buy the game on PS or Xbox. Would there be any difference. Ive no interest in the campaign, it's the online multiplayer side I'll play.

Thanks,
    Conor

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If it was in the same price range as PUBG I would agree its a must buy but for 60/70 I aint gonna get it on day 1.

Was able to buy PUBG with unused phone credit. BO4 is 37€ on pc when just buying the key so happy enough with that. I'd play all 3 game modes on this i reckon, as before i never play any campaigns only multiplayer so getting bang for buck imo

conjon wrote: »
    Hi,

I've always bought COD on the PS, but this year I've managed to pick up a cheap Xbox. I'm now wondering whether to buy the game on PS or Xbox. Would there be any difference. Ive no interest in the campaign, it's the online multiplayer side I'll play.

Thanks,
    Conor

There would be no difference.
    There is no campaign in Blops4, all multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Weighing up my options as to where to buy this.

The standard game is €70 online. F**** that.

It’s €54 if preordered in smyths. I’d rather a digital copy but I’m not paying the robbing backstarts and extra €16 for convenience.

The digital deluxe version is €99 online but I can’t see how much the DLC itself will cost seperately.

It looks likely that the best deal here will be bog standard game from smyths coupled with digital download of dlc.

Unless Argos decide to release it at €50 or SuperValu similarly. I got Infinite Warfare in SuperValu at launch for way cheaper than elsewhere.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

It looks likely that the best deal here will be bog standard game from smyths coupled with digital download of dlc.

This may have changed but the last I heard, you could only buy the season pass with the game, the season pass was not available to sale separately. I think individual DLCs will still be for sale but check anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

This may have changed but the last I heard, you could only buy the season pass with the game, the season pass was not available to sale separately. I think individual DLCs will still be for sale but check anyway.

I want to get into this but **** me Activision really are a pack of greedy ass cnuts.

Preorder the digital for €99 seems to be the way to go then.

On the plus side there’s loads in the game to warrant spending that level of cash.

I haven’t played it but from the YouTube clips I’ve watched the battle royal mode looks good.

Zombies is always fun and then the normal multiplayer is also always addictive.

I was never into the single player on these particular games. Just some quick paced shooty shooty fun. Pick up and put down stupidity.

Still €99. /rant

• Registered Users Posts: 14,079 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I can't see them sticking with the season pass only being available as a preorder. They're going to release it separately at some stage. Would be madness not to imo.

• Advertisement

Weighing up my options as to where to buy this.

The standard game is €70 online. F**** that.

It’s €54 if preordered in smyths. I’d rather a digital copy but I’m not paying the robbing backstarts and extra €16 for convenience.

The digital deluxe version is €99 online but I can’t see how much the DLC itself will cost seperately.

Unless Argos decide to release it at €50 or SuperValu similarly. I got Infinite Warfare in SuperValu at launch for way cheaper than elsewhere.

Thoughts?

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-pc

KilOit wrote: »
    Was able to buy PUBG with unused phone credit. BO4 is 37€ on pc when just buying the key so happy enough with that. I'd play all 3 game modes on this i reckon, as before i never play any campaigns only multiplayer so getting bang for buck imo

PUBG enabled me to buy about 7 other games :o

I think the only COD I dont have is the last one and thats due to price, they rarely drop or are in sales. I dont mind waiting it out as I dont play COD MP.

This is the first time in years I've genuinely being looking forward to a new CoD!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

anyone know if Supervalu are selling this for €50 like they do sometimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

anyone know if Supervalu are selling this for €50 like they do sometimes?

I would say they probably will as they recently had FIFA19 for that price when it launched recently.
    I caved in and bought the digital deluxe version for PS4.
    14 maps on launch including 4 remakes.
    Also the Blackout pass now only gives 7 days exclusivity to PS4.
    Nuketown coming as a free map in November.

pre download starts today and tomorrow depending on your platform. download is 55 GB.

looking forward to a weekend of blackout!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

I would say they probably will as they recently had FIFA19 for that price when it launched recently.
    I caved in and bought the digital deluxe version for PS4.
    14 maps on launch including 4 remakes.
    Also the Blackout pass now only gives 7 days exclusivity to PS4.
    Nuketown coming as a free map in November.

They're advertising on FB that they'll have them in, no confirmation of price as normal but I think we can assume it'll be 50

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

When are the review embargoes up?

When are the review embargoes up?

Dunno if there will be traditional reviews for this seeing as theres no single player.

The last few years, sites have been doing something more like 'ongoing impressions' when titles are multiplayer / online focused. Battlefield 4 kinda ruined it for everyone by reviewing well and launching in a shambolic state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

pre download starts today and tomorrow depending on your platform. download is 55 GB.

looking forward to a weekend of blackout!

From their Reddit post looks like from Midnight tonight the digital preloads will begin on console a bit later for PC.

Advertisement