Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty | Black Ops 4 | News and Rumours!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

F1ngers wrote: »
    Some shops are selling it at 6pm this evening.
    Game is playable as soon as it installs the update.

So if you buy physical you get early access over the digital buyers like me... I’m not jealous I swear. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Its currently 5.30am in New Zealand. So I am guessing they didn't get it at midnight.

*edit: they got it at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The GameStop list of trade in games

Trying to figure out the cheapest combination

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

They had plenty at customer service in Supervalu Bray for anyone wondering.

One of the lads in party is playing the game now. He got his in Gamestop

• Advertisement

Threw it on there this morning to make sure that if there was any updates they’d be done by the time I was home.

Had a sneaky game of the regular multiplayer. It’s gonna take some time to get used to.

Saw a few people trying to boost jump which they obviously couldn’t. Was funny. I’m delighted it’s boots on the ground personally.

The TTK is very different. I’m not sure is that good or bad right now as I only played one game on silent so as not to wake the house.

But yeah only 3 kills and 24 deaths!! Lol. I suck.

That said I can not wait to get home. Buy a few cans and sit down for a few hours of multiplayer madness.

Enjoying MP a lot more than i thought.

I only played one game but I think the time to kill will be a huge change to mp.

In theory should make it a bit more tactical and when used to it more fun overall

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Haven't followed the development or reception to the game at all and had no real interest in it until I saw it in Super-Valu for €50. Picked it up on impulse then, even if I don't get on with it, I can bring it to CEX and get the bulk of the money back for it.

So is the Battle Royale the same as the closed beta or have there been any big changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭finglashoop

That healing up is absolute horse ****e imo.

Only had a few games of tdm so no real thoughts on game istself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

fixxxer wrote: »
    So is the Battle Royale the same as the closed beta or have there been any big changes?

Big change for me is tap square to pick up items instead of holding it.
    Don't try reloading while standing near an item. :pac::pac:

Only played a few games, so haven't noticed anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think I already know the answer, but is there anyway to remotely download the day-one patch without having put the disc in my console? Would rather have it waiting to go when I get home than having to wait to download 50gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Picked it up in SuperValu this morning and used spend and save voucher
    Left it updating and should be good to go for this evening 49gb might take a while

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Think I already know the answer, but is there anyway to remotely download the day-one patch without having put the disc in my console? Would rather have it waiting to go when I get home than having to wait to download 50gb.

Not as far as im aware, the disc will prompt the download unfortunately.
    Started the download at 6:15 yesterday, finished about 11pm last night :o

Dying to get home for a few games!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Been playing all day so far (got it preloaded Wednesday/Thursday).

Zombies is great like I had expected with the custom mutations and the fact there are 4 maps at launch. Just dislike what they did to the perk system.

Multiplayer wise, I've been having a lot more fun with that than I would have thought before it. I'm already used to this time to kill and the new health system.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,472 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Well took the plunge, bought it at dinner time, went home and started downloading the update. Not sure how long it will take, but it will realistically be tomorrow before I get to play it. What are your impressions of it ?

Really liking it so far. Over 10 hours of multiplayer so far. Mostly regular multiplayer with a portion of Blackout mode. Nice to have some maps from Blops 1 & 2 in the rotation.

If you buy the regular edition the Season pass is extra?

fixxxer wrote: »
    If you buy the regular edition the Season pass is extra?

It is.

It is.

I thought you couldn’t buy the season pass seperately. Was that not the whole buy now at €100 online debacle?

In other news I picked up a few beers for tonight’s festivities. Now if only I could ship the wife and kids somewhere while I have my fun. Lol

• Advertisement

I thought you couldn’t buy the season pass seperately. Was that not the whole buy now at €100 online debacle?

Just double checked(knew it was there), there is a season pass.

Just double checked(knew it was there), there is a season pass.

Yeah you can buy the season pass alright but can’t buy dlc 1 on its own for example, it’s all or nothing

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Yeah you can buy the season pass alright but can’t buy dlc 1 on its own for example, it’s all or nothing

I knew there was something about it alright. Out of curiosity how much is the season pass?

Edit... €50 I see on psn. So I paid €100 for the game online which seems ok now. It works out the same price without having to **** about with discs in and out every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,472 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Currently downloading, do I need to keep the disk in while downloading? Or can I put a different game in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Solid reviews all round it seems.
    Having lived on the old COD games for too long, running servers for years i grew to hate the way the series evolved and havent bought any in many a year.
    This does look promising, the BR mode alone looks better than pubg,fortnite and ring of elysium.
    Zombies actually looks interesting this time.
    The multiplayer also looks good, i spent the evening watching some multiplayer stream and it looks so much better than the previous rubbish.
    I especially like the longer TTK.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Footsteps are way too quiet now. People complained about how loud they were in the beta but they over compensated. You can literally walk up to somebody now and they hear nothing.

Aside from that, it's pretty good.

About 3 hours of gameplay in and I’m liking it.

Zombies (my first time playing a zombies game) is class. So much fun. Reminded me of gears of war 2 horde mode.

Need to get to know the mechanics in all the modes and unlock **** but all in all enjoyed all three modes and will definately get €100 worth out of it that’s for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Played a little bit of standard multiplayer this morning, it's still very much the call of duty , spawn die repeat cycle, don't know if I see myself spending much time there. Blackout though, simply immense. Had an absolute beast run earlier, tried duos, and I was the only person who didn't get a teammate. Said id go wild for the craic and ended up getting eleven kills, almost got the win too but I choked the final.kill, had the drop on the guy and all but nerves got the better of me. Heart was beating so hard I could hear it in my headphones!

I bought all three of the flying cods as I call them and hated them, this one feels much better, it’s going to take a few hours of gameplay to get used to the healing and throwing out barb wire (I love getting the snares)

• Advertisement

So the single player part is essentially just the weird broken story bits between the tutorials for how to use the special heros?

Advertisement