Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty | Black Ops 4 | News and Rumours!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Same just happened to me, I had to turn it off, could be me or could be the internet
    The snipers in a couple of games had the whole thing locked down

I've 5g mode on my router switched on with speeds in the PS4 of over 120mbps, maybe I'll try it with my home plugs(wired) but I don't notice the issue on Blackout.

An issue with blackout is the loot not appearing for ages, makes it annoying when you know someone dropped in the same building and you can't even see the loot let alone try get a gun.

No game winning kill cam either.

Overall, I'm loving Blackout. Haven't been addicted to PS4 like this in a couple of years, starting to get really good at it too. I went 5 games yesterday with a minimum of 4 kills per match. My cousin even took down a whole squad which was amazing to spectate. Shane he wasn't recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone watching Viper Higgins streaming Blackout last night on youtube, he is good craic to watch has a spoof Kevin Kilbane giving a breakdown on his performance at the end of each game!

Anyone watching Viper Higgins streaming Blackout last night on youtube, he is good craic to watch has a spoof Kevin Kilbane giving a breakdown on his performance at the end of each game!

I didn’t know he was still going, I used to watch him playing mw3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,975 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Got home last night after work, looked forward to a small update for the Black Market, but no... 9Gb! 9!!! Didn't get to try it out...

• Advertisement

Got home last night after work, looked forward to a small update for the Black Market, but no... 9Gb! 9!!! Didn't get to try it out...
    Thanks for the heads up I will update mine now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Update broke looting in Blackout.

Update broke looting in Blackout.

In what way? Invisible loot? That's the only issues Ive noticed and that's been there since day one.

Can't believe it's still an issue so long after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

MarkY91 wrote: »
    In what way? Invisible loot? That's the only issues Ive noticed and that's been there since day one.

Can't believe it's still an issue so long after release.

On PS4 anyway, as I cycle through the items, I'm not able to pick up or equip some of them.

Can you put a link up, I checked out vipers channel but nothing new on there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Great, another update for a mode I don't even play! God i miss fibre...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Can you put a link up, I checked out vipers channel but nothing new on there

Yeah it's wierd no mention of it. I will link it it he is on later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Just maxed out the rampart and tried it with high cal 2. Absolutely destroyed the other team in tdm.

heroics wrote: »
    Just maxed out the rampart and tried it with high cal 2. Absolutely destroyed the other team in tdm.

The other thing is the subs are useless. Always seem to get out gunned and then end up going back to AR or lmg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

heroics wrote: »
    The other thing is the subs are useless. Always seem to get out gunned and then end up going back to AR or lmg

I've been mainly using ICR and Rampart throughout my time playing with the rocket launcher as a secondary for scorestreaks, razor wire etc.

So we have dropped from 60hz to 20hz on mp and blackout is down to 10hz
    Explains why I’m getting destroyed lately

On PS4 anyway, as I cycle through the items, I'm not able to pick up or equip some of them.

Ah that's right. It happened to us on Friday night. Apparently it's fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Went to prestige in Zombies and hit the fresh start button as well :mad:
    Very confusing since prestige is a kinda reset and they are both on the same page. Roughly 25 hours of unlocks and achievements lost, i'm beyond upset about it and will probably not go back to Zombies for a good long time and focus on Blackout, which is why i bought this game in the first place.

• Advertisement

Don't think I like the Black Market. Previously, getting the random loot boxes was something to work towards, something you got every now and again for playing. And it was different, even if it was full of dupes. Now, everyone is getting the same except for Season Pass holders who get the first 30 tiers free. I've played a good 6/7 hours over the weekend and I've got to 4. I can't believe i'm about to say this, but I actually miss the loot boxes. I never bought them, but the free ones and the occasional special where you can get 3/5/10 boxes for a reduced in-game cost was nice.

All CoD had to do was take better weapons out of loot boxes and lock them to progression, but no, they developed a system that feels flat and uninteresting. I reckon we will see loot boxes return at some point.

Also, onyl figured out what Operator Mods were last night when I was messing about. Had the Titan at max level and was about to prestige it when I saw the Operator Mod under the weapon on the right. Checked it out, equipped it (suppresses people near the bullets also), and performed worse! I hope they're balanced...

Loot box style rewards are soon to be a thing of the past as it’s seen as a form of gambling so activision changed it to get ahead of the game, law is due to change early 2019 I believe

Oh I agree they needed to change, but what it was replaced it was bland. Again, I'd have no issues with loot boxes if they didn't contain weapon upgrades, but all cosmetic stuff was ok. Ah well, I can see them changing it up at some stage.

Played another few hours of MP last night, it really is a good game. It does need more maps and spawn points on certain maps need to be updated, there's a couple of maps where spawn killing is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Played my third game of blackout there. Came 7th. I really do not get the fuss about this battle royal ****. It’s just one big game of hide and seek. Greased up deaf guy memes come to mind.

Thankfully the multiplayer is really solid. Up to lvl 32 I think. Playing this mostly because of young baby in the house and the pick up and play nature of it.

Zombies on the other hand can go on a bit but I absolutely love it. That said I have only got to the underwater part and need to figure out how to drain the water. There’s a valve somewhere I haven’t found yet. Looking forward to having a couple of free hours to really give it a proper go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Couldn't buy kills tonight. Very frustrating really. Losing out in every gun fight even when I get the drop on them.

A lot of quick scoping going on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Question; why bother with SMG's with a 6-8 bullet kill time when a KN-59 can mow you down with 3 bullets (I've counted) at close range? They're completely worthless. The AK74u w/ stopping power in COD4 was 2 bullets to kill up close.

There has been improvements from WW2 (which certainly wasn't hard to do) but the overall MP experience is underwhelming. The maps are just... average. They still have the same issue with the last several COD's where it's too much cluttered with stuff that doesn't need to be there to call ~art~ and too mazelike with a lot of unnecessary rooms. The time to kill in general needs to come down.

Question; why bother with SMG's with a 6-8 bullet kill time when a KN-59 can mow you down with 3 bullets (I've counted) at close range? They're completely worthless. The AK74u w/ stopping power in COD4 was 2 bullets to kill up close.

There has been improvements from WW2 (which certainly wasn't hard to do) but the overall MP experience is underwhelming. The maps are just... average. They still have the same issue with the last several COD's where it's too much cluttered with stuff that doesn't need to be there to call ~art~ and too mazelike with a lot of unnecessary rooms. The time to kill in general needs to come down.

I've said it already. SMGs are wasted in this game. All of them are beaten up close by the LMGs and ARs.

Heres XclusiveAces 10 fastest killing guns in case anyone missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mercenary moshpit is a great addition to the paylists.

But goddamn, that arsenal map is awful. So many routes into the b flag. And f*CK that little hole in the vent directly overhead of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Mercenary moshpit is a great addition to the paylists.

But goddamn, that arsenal map is awful. So many routes into the b flag. And f*CK that little hole in the vent directly overhead of it.

The biggest problem with that map is the absolutely outrageous spawn point actual miles away from the action. It has to be patched. Don’t know what they were thinkin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Best COD in years but 20hz tickrate is a total joke.
    Its especially noticeable on PC with the faster aiming and gameplay etc its really noticeable.
    Bring back 60hz ffs.

Advertisement