Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty | Black Ops 4 | News and Rumours!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Viper starting streaming again right now :D
    https://youtu.be/EfofRRX8rKo

Thanks for that. He doesnt seem like the greatest player, much like myself ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Thanks for that. He doesnt seem like the greatest player, much like myself ðŸ˜

Ha that's what's funny love the Kevin Kilbane analysis at the end of the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Might start branching out into different modes now though while the lobbies are still busy.
    Domination is a great game mode...the best imho.Kill confirmed is worth a try too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I think the main multiplayer has finally 'clicked' with me. had a few great games last night in the chaos moshpit and did pretty well, played with prophet a fair bit once you start halo jumping around corners and getting kills, the shock rifle thing is great in choke points as it seems to arc between enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Domination is a great game mode...the best imho.Kill confirmed is worth a try too.

Domination is good alright. Not a big fan of kill confirmed as the team never really follows the mode. Pick up the tags you wanker!!

I’m kinda worried how many hours I’ll have in this game by the time I give up on it in a year or two. Eek

Although that said whether I’ll get to the 400 hours I spent in the original Destiny game is yet to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I think the main multiplayer has finally 'clicked' with me. had a few great games last night in the chaos moshpit and did pretty well, played with prophet a fair bit once you start halo jumping around corners and getting kills, the shock rifle thing is great in choke points as it seems to arc between enemies.

The Tempest. Its similar to the black ops 3 one but I think the one in black ops 3 was more powerful (Well I was better with it :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Pick up the tags you wanker!!
    :) very true but thats an issue with all objective modes....69 kills in Dom and no fukking caps!!go fuk yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Wish they hadn't gotten rid of Demolition, loved that. Team Defender from MW3 is my all time favourite game mode though.

I played several games in the infamous Nuketown last night and yes it is as hectic as ever if not more so.

The abilities of the operators have added a layer of madness imo.

The usual helicopters, hellstorms, etc are still there but now you have people grappling across the map, tac deploys messing with the spawns, etc..

Still fun but it gets out of hand very quickly. A nice addition to the map rotation all the same.

You can play it non stop as a mode right now, don’t know how long that’ll last though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Wish they hadn't gotten rid of Demolition, loved that. Team Defender from MW3 is my all time favourite game mode though.

I assumed Control was meant to be the replacement for Demo - At least it seems the most similar to me

• Advertisement

I played several games in the infamous Nuketown last night and yes it is as hectic as ever if not more so.

The abilities of the operators have added a layer of madness imo.

The usual helicopters, hellstorms, etc are still there but now you have people grappling across the map, tac deploys messing with the spawns, etc..

Still fun but it gets out of hand very quickly. A nice addition to the map rotation all the same.

You can play it non stop as a mode right now, don’t know how long that’ll last though.

Tried it for 2 games this morning (1 Dom and 1 TDM) Torque is a campers dream in the upper rooms. was fun grappling through the windows though. Cant see myself playing it in the 24/7 playlist or whatever it is but it will be all right the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

Can any one explain why every update is so big on this game? I don't get to play it much and seems every time I turn it on it needs over 10gb update

• Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Can any one explain why every update is so big on this game? I don't get to play it much and seems every time I turn it on it needs over 10gb update

Because the game is broken on release it’s really a beta
    Look at the 9 bang for example

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

It's some joke. I enjoy the game when I get to play it but the updates just ruin it

It's some joke. I enjoy the game when I get to play it but the updates just ruin it

Might me worth setting the console to auto update

They added nuketown too so you probably had to download that as well

Two questions.

Anyone know how long the Nuketown playlist is staying?

And secondly I’m not sure I understand zombies. Is it an infinite horde mode or is there an end goal or boss or what?

Excuse my ignorance on this but I never got into previous zombies and so far have concentrated on the normal multiplayer mode.

I’ve prestiged once. And up at lvl 26 again already!

Viper Higgins streaming

https://youtu.be/TZdezm1Cly0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Viper Higgins streaming

https://youtu.be/TZdezm1Cly0

It's compulsive viewing, I'd love to have a few games with him :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Two questions.

Anyone know how long the Nuketown playlist is staying?

Probably until next update, but will be in regular rotation with other maps.

And secondly I’m not sure I understand zombies. Is it an infinite horde mode or is there an end goal or boss or what?

There are easter eggs to achieve in each mode - I'm not up to date on them all.
    For example, on IX, there are flags to unfurl at the very start that give you challenges to complete, you can also build a shield.

Play the game for a while and then check out videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Just fired up Modern warfare 2 after playing Black ops 4 last night and is it just me or has the graphics not really improved a whole lot in the last 10 years ??

to be honest i would be alot more excited if the next COD was announced on a brand new engine, look at the level of graphics Battlefield is able to output on their weeeee bit frostbit engine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Just fired up Modern warfare 2 after playing Black ops 4 last night and is it just me or has the graphics not really improved a whole lot in the last 10 years ??

to be honest i would be alot more excited if the next COD was announced on a brand new engine, look at the level of graphics Battlefield is able to output on their weeeee bit frostbit engine

Some of the later CODS look inferior to MW2, that said it's still a great looking game but something like WaW was spectacularly inferior lookswise. If they hadn't allowed MW2 to be hacked I'd still be playing it to the detriment of everything else, life included.

Quick question. What is the point of the spawn beacon in tdm. Nearly 50% of the time I spawn in on it an enemy is waiting nearby. I also never destroy them just wait near them for easy spawn kills. Is there a way of spawning and not using the tac deploy.

2nd what’s the story with paladin 50 cal. There was some guy in last lobby running high cal 1 &2 and stabilizer. Quick scoping everyone. It was as though he just had to see you and bang. Watching the kill cams he was killing at range quickscoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

heroics wrote: »
    Quick question. What is the point of the spawn beacon in tdm. Nearly 50% of the time I spawn in on it an enemy is waiting nearby. I also never destroy them just wait near them for easy spawn kills. Is there a way of spawning and not using the tac deploy.

Spawn beacon is aimed more at objective modes alright so mostly useless in TDM or free for fall. You can choose not to spawn on it in the screen after you die, it shows the map on screen and you can select a random spawn instead. I think it defaults to the beacon spawn location and I know I tend to be mashing the respawn button so will always end up spawning on the beacon until I calm down and select the other one
    heroics wrote: »
    2nd what’s the story with paladin 50 cal. There was some guy in last lobby running high cal 1 &2 and stabilizer. Quick scoping everyone. It was as though he just had to see you and bang. Watching the kill cams he was killing at range quickscoping.

The stabiliser is only meant to help with idle sway when scoped in so not sure it help quickscoping but high cal 1 + 2 increases the 1 shot kill zone so he prob knows he doesn't need to be super accurate to get the kill

There is an operator mod for (I think) the Koshka that centres the shot as you scope in so that to me sounds like it will be the quickscoper attachment of choice as the game matures

• Registered Users Posts: 13,975 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I know quick scoping is part and parcel of CoD, but man, I still hate it. Combination of getting killed too quick and not being able to do it myself (I suspect due to playing on a 4G connection) makes me hate it. But, for now, it's not too bad. If it starts taking over, it will ruin the game for me.

I know quick scoping is part and parcel of CoD, but man, I still hate it. Combination of getting killed too quick and not being able to do it myself (I suspect due to playing on a 4G connection) makes me hate it. But, for now, it's not too bad. If it starts taking over, it will ruin the game for me.

You see quick scoping and sniping in general increase as you lvl up imo.

Saw a lot of sniping last night. Not too much quick scoping though thankfully. I use the Titan LMG with thermal to pick off the snipers.

I hit lvl 40 on my first prestige last double xp is most welcome. That said I’m not quite sure why I’m prestiging tbh. Doesn’t seem to be a lot of reason to do so other than the grind that keeps you going maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,975 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, it does increase, but I never found it an issue in most of the previous CoDs, since maybe MW3 I think was the last time it was really bad. Maybe I'll get the swing of it, once I work my way through all the camos for LMGs and ARs. HOwever, the VKM 750 is terrible in comparison to the Titan/Hades.

I prestige just to get the feeling of success! I don't know what it is, the feeling of accomplishment mainly I suppose. It doesn't really add anything. I haven't prestiged yet, but I'd imagine it still lets you unlock weapons to be available from Level 1.

Yeah, it does increase, but I never found it an issue in most of the previous CoDs, since maybe MW3 I think was the last time it was really bad. Maybe I'll get the swing of it, once I work my way through all the camos for LMGs and ARs. HOwever, the VKM 750 is terrible in comparison to the Titan/Hades.

I prestige just to get the feeling of success! I don't know what it is, the feeling of accomplishment mainly I suppose. It doesn't really add anything. I haven't prestiged yet, but I'd imagine it still lets you unlock weapons to be available from Level 1.

Yeah there’s a few things that it does but they’re all a little pointless to be honest.

A sense of achievement probably covers it. Lol

played some zombies last night - usually dont like it at all, but figured with the xp boost i may as well get the achievement for hitting level 10.

It was actually surprisingly enjoyable, we played IX, and got as far as unlocking the pack a punch totem, then failed a few rounds later. not bad craic all the same.

• Advertisement

played some zombies last night - usually dont like it at all, but figured with the xp boost i may as well get the achievement for hitting level 10.

It was actually surprisingly enjoyable, we played IX, and got as far as unlocking the pack a punch totem, then failed a few rounds later. not bad craic all the same.

I am a solo casual player so would it be worthy while jumping on this or would I be totally lost

Advertisement